Main Menu

2018 Race Schedule

Started by coxm, November 02, 2017, 19:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

coxm

Preliminary 2018 Classic 2CV Racing Club Race Schedule

I have written to all members today to announce the race schedule for 2018, but thought it also worth posting on the forum.

We are still waiting for BARC to confirm costs, so will announce entry costs as soon as we have the information.  As ever, we will endeavour to keep these as low as possible with the aim of getting as many 2CVs racing as we can

•   14th & 15th April  - Cadwell (2-hour Enduro + sprints)

•   12th & 13th May - Brands

•   23rd June - Oulton Park

•   21st & 22nd July - Donington

•   17th, 18th & 19th August - Snetterton 24-hour

naughtybear

Looks fab but only query for me would be safety in the pit area at Cadwell for mandatory driver changes
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Marty

Nice balance in the calendar, between championship's dates
For information, Brands Hatch weekend (closest circuit from France) is at the same time as the French National, in La Vèze (near Besançon, in the east of France)

Simon Crook

Quote from: naughtybear on November 02, 2017, 20:55:47
Looks fab but only query for me would be safety in the pit area at Cadwell for mandatory driver changes

Have to agree with Naughty Bear - even worst if you needed to do an early engine change (just so you could continue racing) may prove a tad difficult to achieve
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Paul

Dare I say it? Yes of course i can..........The C1's have done it!  There i said it.

naughtybear

Hmmmmmmm different animal altogether
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Simon Crook

Quote from: Paul on November 03, 2017, 11:25:22
Dare I say it? Yes of course i can..........The C1's have done it!  There i said it.

Well done Paul for saying the C word on our forum - None of us surely now can't say that this new series is a resounding success.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Paul

Quote from: Simon Crook on November 03, 2017, 19:12:06
Quote from: Paul on November 03, 2017, 11:25:22

Well done Paul for saying the C word on our forum - None of us surely now can't say that this new series is a resounding success.

Good job we're not sharing our 24hr race with them Simon,there wouldn't have been enough grid slots for everyone, as we all feared.

Matthew Hollis

Two suggested solutions the board may want to consider if there are concerns about too many cars pitting at the same time in the Cadwell enduro:

1. Pit lane is closed if the safety car is deployed, with the exception of cars needing mechanical/damage repair, or if the car is already in the pitlane
2. No pit stops to be made in the first 15 minutes of the race, with the exception of cars needing mechanical/damage repair, so as to allow the field to spread out a bit