Main Menu

Date of 2018 Classic 2CV Racing Club 24-hour Race

Started by coxm, November 02, 2017, 19:30:50

Previous topic - Next topic

coxm

I have written to members with the date of our 2018 24-hour race, but also wanted to announce it here on the forum.  We will be back at Snetterton for the 29th running of our wonderful 24hr race (and yes, we will be clapping the finishers up the pit lane as usual) on the 17th, 18th & 19th August.

This is the same weekend as the 2CVGB National Rally, so we are aiming to co-ordinate activities with them, which was hugely popular at Anglesey a couple of years back.

See you there

gasklep

I drove the Yellow Dyane 123 classic and I have to say the C1's drove better than the Funcup and C1's from last years.
The code 60 complains are true. No idea why they did not got penalized. At a certain point in the race I tried to follow them during code 60 but with 2 minutes to go (till a 7minutes laptime) I had already sight on the finish line. I backed of a lot and crossed the line at 7:01. By that time the others were around the corner at la source!
Driving a Classic at Spa has always been strange. You have to defend your line at all time. If you leave a gap of 1 meter, up to 5 cars are willing to fill it up! My style is to make sure what my line is going to be through the corner way before I am going to enter it. I make a estimation of were everybody is going to be when we enter the corner and based on that I choose my line way before the corner. Most other driver understand why, and what I do and understand my intentions before we enter the corner. Sometimes I keep more to the right, sometimes more to the left and sometimes they are a bit to far back and I drive my own line and they maybe have to alter their line to mine. Most times I get thumbs up after a corner so I guess I do the right thing.
We have a very big mirror in our car (from side to side, no kidding) and it is perfect for such a slow class ;)
Basically we had a great race (we won the Classic class). I had lots of fun in the rain and slippery conditions. So much joy to place your Classic at the end of Pouhon next to some hybrid just because you had a way faster corner entry!

I had very big concerns about the number of cars but it turned out quite wel. But I have to say i'm very glad we were able to start from the grid. I felt bad for the ones who had to start from the pit.....

Marty

@gasklep
Thanks for your words ! It' so really true !!
Especially when you mention about Pouhon and starting grid ;)  Feel like I'm living this race again :-D

gasklep

Quote from: Marty on November 12, 2017, 08:45:33
@gasklep
Thanks for your words ! It' so really true !!
Especially when you mention about Pouhon and starting grid ;)  Feel like I'm living this race again :-D

What car did you drive this year??