Main Menu

Skid pan session

Started by Maisie, January 13, 2018, 19:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Maisie

A bit over a year ago I had a skid pan session at Rockingham as a birthday pressie. It was hastily set up and ended up being with a few young people and geared up more towards road safety, but the instructor said if we got a group of racers together they'd do a session tailored to us with empahsis on handling, weight transfer etc. Would anyone be up for it? I would think road or race car would be OK, although they may want a passenger seat for instructors. Drop me a message or reply here and let me know if you're keen and if there's enough interest I'll get in touch with them and see if we can organise something before the season starts.
Blueberry Tart ;)

Roy Eastwood

Definitely very interested.

gadget

Chris Hall

Katy Storey

wilbot

I'm for it though I think following us at Spa last year would create the desired effect !

Pete Sparrow

The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

nick nice toes

Why 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Have you learnt to drink 🤣😋😂😘🙈

Aubrey Brocklebank

Aubrey

Marc Fenner

Maisie

Sorry for the delay in updating this - email issues meant my enquiry went awol somewhere in the interwebs. Details of proposed date, price etc below. Please let me know asap if interested so I can get back to them with numbers to confirm if there's enough interest:

=======================

We have the 20th April free if that works for you?
An ideal number of cars is 16.
In this way we can spilt the group and have 8 on the wetgrip while the other 8 have a theory/masterclass with me in the worskhop, we then swap groups..
Itinerary would be
Arrival and test (Let's find out what you know/think you know!)
Groups split
2 hr Session wetgrip/workshop
LUNCH
Groups swap and do whichever activity they have not yet done
Return to classroom for debrief and test 2 (let's find out what you have learnt)

Cost £180+ VAT per driver

Let me know what you think.
Our wetgrip is unique in being available to you  with the kick plate (guaranteeing a spin) which is the most realistic way of putting a vehicle out of control safely.
Blueberry Tart ;)

Katy Storey

I should be able to get that day off work! I am IN

Maisie

We need some more confirmed attendees for this to be viable. If you've said earlier you're interested, please message to confirm. Also let me know if you haven't previously said you'd be interested but would like to come. You don't have to bring a 2CV in case everyone's holding back to see if their cars survive Cadwell!!
Blueberry Tart ;)

Maisie

I haven't had very many positive responses to this, maybe due to the proximity to Cadwell, so I'm going to contact the company to postpone it until later in the year, possibly as a post-season social event. If you would still be interested later in the year, PLEASE let me know.
Blueberry Tart ;)