Main Menu

Looking to start racing

Started by LDM68, March 09, 2018, 11:08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LDM68

Hi,
Just registered here and have been a motorsport fan all my life. I have decided that I want to bite the bullet and actually have ago myself and am therefore looking for some advice on getting involved after sorting my ARDS test. The thought of 2CV has appealed to me ever since reading an article about the 24h race a number of years ago. This and the C1 series sound like they should be fun and an ideal way to get involved.

Obviously the ideal would be to prepare and run a car in the series, however I was wondering if initially at least there are other options? I have seen that some teams have seats available, How much experience is normally required and how does this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maisie

Welcome aboard! I've sent you a private message with a bit more info :)
Blueberry Tart ;)

LDM68

Pete Sparrow

Hi and welcome to the weird and wonderful world of 2cv racing.
You'll find yourself made very welcome here.
There will be a couple of novices out this year and there is most likely to be a couple of cars for rent towards the middle of our season and I know of at least a couple of teams looking for drivers for the 24hr. Don't worry about not having a lot of experience, we've all been there. There have been plenty of people that have done the 24hr as their first race, a baptism of fire possibly but you get so much time in the car for the money that its a no brainer. You also do about 3 years worth of sprint racing time in one weekend, something that's difficult to find anywhere else.
Generally the aim is to 'buddy' you up with someone that has some experience so you get to learn the ropes. There will be plenty of people giving advice whether you want it or not....
Why not come to a meeting, have a look round and say hello? Someone will explain the ins and outs of the cars and you can ask questions.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Regards
Pete (to be found with cars 97,96 and 79)
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

LDM68

Thanks,

I was hoping to make the opening meeting at Cadwell but this now looks unlikely,  however I will be at Brands (which just happens to be local) all being well so will come and say hello. I am in the process of booking my medical and test which will hopefully be sorted pretty soon.

The 2CV 24h event has always been on my to do wish list and hopefully it will happen, either this year or next, as you say the amount of time behind the wheel would be great. whatever I will do my best to get myself in a car and on track sometime this year.

Cheers
Lee