Main Menu

Spa 2CV 24 Hour 2018: October 6-7

Started by Nick Roads, March 14, 2018, 18:19:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

24 Hour Spa 2CVC race is October 6-7 October this year

I note the C1's are advertising for entries for the guest C1 24 Hour race which is being run alongside the 2CV 24 Hour at Spa for the 2nd year. They have a limit of 40 cars. Its £ 3500 + £ 50 per driver to race in a C1, see their facebook page.

Classic 2CV Racing Club has a long relationship with 2CVRT, the Belgian Organisers of the 24 Hour race, who are running the 2CV 24 Hour race at Spa for the 34th year and we can bring as many 2CV's as we like. Entry price will be at least 15% lower than for a UK C1 team, we will confirm the final price later in the year once the 2CVRT have finalised the number of 2CV's they are going to bring to the UK 2CV 24 Hour race. No need for a £ 1000 deposit payable on April 1st either. If anyone has not been and wants more details please contact me and I will also post more updates here during the year and in the newsletter.

Marty

About C1, still mistrust, because that article (link) written by the 2CVRT for speedactiontv.be is very favorable to the C1, even if even if this means untruths...

In fact : Robert Van Gysegem, Président of 2CV Racing Teams "If we add the 11 C1 Racing Cup cars, it made us 26 cars at the end of the winter. Proof that the mix of the two competitions works, especially since no incident was noticed"

On C1 Facebook page, this chat (link) : Jean-Eric (2CV #90) "For some C1 drivers, they should learn to drive, and tape's color is incidental ..." ; Robert "Did you have a problem ?" ; Jean-Eric "Robert, I was quite violently hit in the straight line under the bridge, my car didn't need that"