Main Menu

Mark Turner

Started by Nick Roads, July 26, 2018, 15:37:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

I am sorry to inform everyone that Mark Turner tragically died last week. Mark had raced and provided racing support for many years within the 2CV Racing Club. He was initially involved with Rocket Dog Racing and then progressed to running his own team as Whitwell Motorsports, which included running 3 cars at many UK 2CV events and also running a Euro car at Spa for a few years. His cars had remarkable success within 2CV Racing achieving multiple sprint and 24 Hour wins. Whitwell became a hub of 2CV racing development on the East Riding with a constant stream of ideas and modifications.

Mark was totally committed in his approach to Motorsport but would still find time to help others. I first met him in my first 24 Hour race as he was running a hire car in the same garage we were in. My car had an electrical problem we could not diagnose. Despite having 2 of his own cars in the pits at the same time he came over and within 2 minutes had a solution, and the part we did not have which needed replacing, which was loaned to us and we were back running.  He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Mark's funeral will be at Octon Crematorium, YO25 3BL at 1.30 pm on Monday August 6, family requests no black clothing. Afterwards at the Stone Trough Inn.

Nick Roads

Simon Crook

Thats sad to read, I didn't know Mark that well but he always came over for a chat and helped us out a few times with advice our thoughts and prayers go to Mark's family and friends Team Lumaca
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Maisie

Mark's brother has asked if anyone has a 2CV racing or Rocket Dog XL/2XL T-shirt he could wear for the funeral. Does anyone have something that could get to him by Friday?
Blueberry Tart ;)

Nick Roads

I have one - if you email me the address I can send it to him.

Maisie

You should be able to reply to the FB message he sent to the club page Nick to speak to him directly.
Blueberry Tart ;)