Main Menu

Spa 24 Hour - October - Entries Open

Started by Nick Roads, July 28, 2018, 07:26:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

The 34th running of the Spa 24 Hour takes places October 6 and 7. UK 2V's Club class and European Hybrides can enter here https://www.2cvracing.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/2018-24hr-entry-form_SPA_v2.pdf. The price at £ 2800 may reduce slightly as the club are paying in Euros and exchange rates improving, savings can go towards membership fees for drivers. £ 500 deposit by August 13 for the lower price.

There are plans for Citroen to be involved this year alongside the traditional lap parades by 2CV's that come from across Europe. The grid is expected to be well over 100 cars with the C1's racing as last year. The Belgian C1's expected to be quicker than the UK ones as they run to different regulations.

To get a feeling for the event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdUA8Ljy210

Drivers need to have National A licences.

wilbot

Regarding the 24 hour at Spa. I'm preparing an entry for my 2CV Hybrid. I'm looking for 1 or 2 "A" licence holders to join my team. Test day for potential drivers to be arranged. Package details will be available shortly.

Colin Wilson

Mob 07933644625

E mail :- [email protected]

Marty

Regarding refueling, do you know the safety rules that are required of British teams ?
Are there different refueling rules between 2CV "euro" (classic, proto, hybrid, etc.) and 2CV UK Club (or UK Eco) ?
Are there different fueling rules between Dutch or Belgian C1 Euro and British C1 ?

Paul

I understand  guest classes can use Tuff Jugs Marty.

Nick Roads

As Paul says the guest classes can run under their own Fuel regulations at Spa. Tuff jugs are sanctioned and approved in the UK by MSA and been approved by RACB for 2018.

Marty - Any Classiques entering for Snetterton? we were hoping to see some this year. Dutch Dyane planning on 2019. Classiques can use tuff jugs (with the ripper necks that the C1's if they have original fuel system) as they will meet UK regulations and can compete in our Eco Class.

Marty

Thank you Paul and Nick for your answers,
Indeed, the use of Tuff Jugs is quite adapted to the Club, Eco and Classic class, but the expenses imposed on an european team, if one also wants to participate in Spa, make that the refueling tower (~ £ 900) makes budgeting difficult.
The fact that Spa24h rules are written by drivers who are only Hybrid or C1 is problematic, as well as the identical fee for a Euro Classic or Euro Hybrid at Spa (£4300) while budgets are ten times lower.
In my opinion, there is something wrong, but I 've no miracle cure to propose, the expectations of each class being different (and the financial means too)  :'(
For Snetterton 2018, I know that Brokensport team is in, but I do not know about the other teams.
About "Rust'in", its owner doesn't wish anymore (for the moment) her to be broken down during the Spa24h race (as in 2015) and there are only incentive days [url]as shown on this page :  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1771784912858022
About me, I joined for this year 2CV-GTE40 team, to build a new 2CV and try to have the money for Spa24h (single objective this year) : https://www.facebook.com/teamGTE40/photos/a.505127793002577.1073741829.495889853926371/965956053586413/?type=3&theater
Keep in touch ;-)
Greatings,
Marty

Chris Yates

Car #96 (dsracing-team) are looking for a driver for Spa in their Hybride car.

If you're interested, please contact Sylvain at [email protected]

Nick Roads

We have 3 UK Hybrid entries at the moment for Spa 2018. Provisional timing below.

Circuit will be open from 8pm on the Thursday

Note that testing on the Friday appears to be FREE at the moment as shown, we are waiting confirmation on that for our cars.
4:30pm start and finish not 5 pm which could help anyone who wants to get back on Sunday

Timing Général Provisoire - V-04.08

Vendredi(friday) 5 Octobre                  

07.00   Ouverture Paddock

07.00   17.00   Ouverture Administration Essais payant

10.00   20.00   Contrôle Administratif Toutes Séries
10.00   20.00   Contrôle Technique Toutes Séries

19.00   Briefing 2CV & C1

09.00   11.00   Essais Libres uniquement 2CV & C1
11.10   12.10   Essais Libres Toutes Voitures
12.10   13.10   Pause
13.15   15.15   Essais Libres uniquement 2CV & C1
15.25   17.55   Essais Libres Toutes Voitures

Samedi(saturday) 6 Octobre                  

06.00   07.30   Contrôle Administratif et Technique BGDC

08.15   Briefing BGDC

09.00   09.45   Qualifications BGDC
09.55   11.25   Qualifications 2CV & C1
11.45   15.05   Course BGDC

16.30   Course 24H2cv 2018

Dimanche(Sunday) 7 Octobre                  

16.30   Arrivée 24H2cv 2018

17.00   Podium 24H2cv 2018

pat069

Quote from: Marty on July 30, 2018, 15:06:44
Indeed, the use of Tuff Jugs is quite adapted to the Club, Eco and Classic class, but the expenses imposed on an european team, if one also wants to participate in Spa, make that the refueling tower (~ £ 900) makes budgeting difficult.
The fact that Spa24h rules are written by drivers who are only Hybrid or C1 is problematic, as well as the identical fee for a Euro Classic or Euro Hybrid at Spa (£4300) while budgets are ten times lower.
Marty

Marty is right, the budget is a perennial problem for the Classic teams.
Without a promotional price as that offered to the UK 2cv at Spa, many Classic EURO cars will still sleep in the garage.
It's very sad and I don't think that will change in the future.
Anyway new C1 are still coming and they will take the place of the Classic initially (buisness buisness). 

I wish a beautiful race to all the teams.
Historic Rally 2cv

Nick Roads

Pat069 - Thanks for the post.

Its been mentioned before that pricing always difficult. We have tried hard, including offering discounts,  to attract Classiques as you may know to our UK 24 Hour race this year and will do so again for 2019. We are proposing to discuss aligning the Classqique class with our UK economy class at our AGM, which could include changing the name to Classiques to make it clear they are the same specification whether from France, Belgium or UK. There are at least 2 UK economy cars due to race in the Sprint Series next year. The UK club has also offered discounts to its economy class cars for the last few years for Sprint and 24 Hour entries.

There are no proposals to change the tuff jug regulations in the UK for 2019 and as you noted UK cars are allowed to use Tuff Jugs by RACB for 2018 but it is not decided for 2019 yet. This applies to various UK classic cars as I understand it in 2018 who have been racing at Spa and not just 2CV's The UK C1's are using that approval as well I believe.

Alec Graham will be in with Team 17 along with Pete Sparrow and I will be with my car 52 at Spa so please come and talk to us and we can discuss further.

Marty

Dear Pat and Nick,
thank you for dialogue on this subject, it is always very informative.  :)

Nick, I think what Pat regrets is that Spa's prices (so 2CVRT) are not up to what could be done. Regarding Snetterton, all the Classique teams are well aware that UK Club is making great efforts of information, as well as financial efforts, to welcome the 2CV which resemble 2CV. May you be thanked a thousand times for that !
I'd spoken to the precedent UK Club technical advisor, 2 or 3 years ago, and I'd sent him proposals for merging rules between Classique and Eco, as well as a diagram. It wasn't successful, but it's surely still valid to work with  ;)

Very happy to read that at least two Eco will be present at the 2019 championship. I hope that they'll also participate in the 24HR race, but I imagine that it also depends on the drivers ! (it takes 2 Sprint teams to make a 24HR team ? ;))
As far as refueling is concerned, all British cars (2CV and C1) are currently allowed to use Tuff Jugs, whether in UK or on the continent.
At the same time, all "European" cars (2CV and C1) are obliged to use the refueling tower (2CVRT rules), with the "UN 1A1 / X-1.6 / 400" standard metal drum.
I don't know what it'll be for 2019 ... Wait and see, as you say  ;D

Congratulations on Pete and Alec's registration with Christian and Eric (Seventeen team), and especially for Nick's with his indestructible 2CV 52 !
For my part, I will be very happy to share the wheel of the 40, after three years of effort and savings ;-)

See you soon in Spa, to run or toast in friendship !

Marty

Hi   :)
Currently, there are 26 Hybrides (BMW engine), 1 Experimental (Burton), 5 Améliorées ("Enhanced") and 11 Classiques (:-*) which are on the entrylist.
There are also 22 Belgian C1 registered.
How many do you think there will be UK 2CV (without counting #53), and how many UK C1 ?

Nick Roads

3 UK hybrids. Crisis 52, march hare and Tete Rouge. Minis did not get an invite this year and no UK 602 cars.

We are not involved with the UK C1 entries but I hear 55 C1's from UK.

So more cars than last year...

Marty

Thanks Nick, for your informations.
Today, on 2CVRT facebook page, they say "127 cars"  ::)
As we know there is 47 "Euro" 2CV (from Classique to Hybrid), + 24 Belgian C1 + 3 UK Hybrid 2CV, we can calculate there wil be 53 UK C1 on the grid of 2CV 24H race...  :'(

Six months ago, you said "I note the C1's are advertising for entries for the guest C1 24 Hour race which is being run alongside the 2CV 24 Hour at Spa for the 2nd year. They have a limit of 40 cars." Please, do you know if this limit is written somewhere ?

Nick Roads

Hi Marty - I was only reading the C1 UK website and saw it there earlier in the year. I had heard they had 55 UK C1 cars entered in August, maybe they have a reserve list and these are now going to be racing.