Main Menu

Mallory race meeting 2019

Started by gadget, October 14, 2018, 11:58:01

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

Morning Members,

I have just read the minutes from the September board meeting.

I like the idea of the track day on the Saturday and will try not to sell the Pink Panther until after the meeting.I might take the Loius Barbour 4x4 as well
if we can also go on the off road track.Will the BMW UK hybrids be allowed to have a lap or two??

On the subject of BBQ's and music, I see that it has been sugested that this will happen on the Sunday night! Not sure that is such a good idea.
My thoughts go back to a few years ago when we used to have a bbq or there was music in the bar by the gate.
Things went on a little late that year and several people were the worse for wear the next morning. One well respected member of the racing fraternity didn't
manage to get up in time for qually. In fact he didn't surface until after the race, the 2nd one!  I not going to mention any names.
So based on that, would it not be better to have the social function on Saturday night??

Gadget

Katy Storey

Wow! What a weekend!

Basically because of Mallory's noise restrictions, we would not be allowed any music etc. after 10pm, hopefully making it an earlier night than that fateful night you have described, Wayne!

Also because the 'main event' is on the Monday, it was felt more people (including spectators etc.) could come and enjoy the Sunday night all together.

Paul

Maybe grid could be on championship positions reversed and no need to actually drive in the morning.Or it could be on length of time the driver has been a club member,Sparrow at the back of the grid Crispin close to the front,Gardiner on pole.

Maisie

I'm liking that length of service idea Paul! Let's see if the old stagers can outwit the whippersnappers!
Blueberry Tart ;)

Luca Proietti

I like the sound of that 😂😂😂

Simon Crook

Reverse grid oh yes or lets pull from a hat that will mix it up a little, actually no, back to the reverse grid idea  ;D
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

I have a better idea. I might do the occasional race next year. So if the grid is formed in reverse age order, I could be on the front row for the first and last time in my very modest racing career.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982