Main Menu

Team Gadget Racing Driver Academy

Started by gadget, October 14, 2018, 12:36:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

Hi Members,

I would just like to announce the signing of George Russell to the Williams Formula One Team for 2019.

Some of you may have already seen something in the press about this, but there has only been minimum detail.

George lived local to me and enjoyed success in all levels of kart racing from a young age.
In 2014 he wanted to progress to single seater racing in the UK and also Europe, for which he needed an international licence.
I was approached by his Dad to see if we could run a car for him at Oulton Park early 2014 so that he could get 2 signatures on his licence.He done similar with several other race series to get the upgrade to international licence. That year he went on to win the Formula 4 series here and done well in formula Reanaltin Europe. He also won the McClaren Gold medal. He then raced European Formula 3 for the next 2 years finising 3rd in his first year.
"017 saw him win the GP3 Series with a meeting to spare after being signed up by Mercedes AMG on their formula one young driver program.
This year he has enjoyed continued success in GP2 which follows F1 around, getting several po;e positions and race wins. He now leads the Championship with 248 points with a lead of 37 points over Alex Albon with just one meeting to go at Abu Dhabi.

So a big Well Done to him and wishes of continued success from all at Team Gadget Racing.

It just goes to show that anything is possible and if you go through the TGR Academy who knows where you might end up??
So Lien, I've had a word with Toto and he 's come back with some very positive and promising words..............

And to quote, " I think Yorkshire needs a plumber"!

Simon Crook

;D and well done TGR is there an age limit in joining the academy?
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

gadget

Hi Simon,
I think the age limit is 50 yrs.
Lien just scraped in!

Simon Crook

Thanks Wayne - Bugger  ::) thats me out
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING