Main Menu

Rockingham Super Send Off

Started by Katy Storey, October 15, 2018, 19:55:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

It also appears that we're now lumped in with "saloons". That could be anything up to touring cars, ex-thundersaloons, etc. We're going to get lapped a LOT. Not sure about this any more to be honest.

Nick Roads

this is on the Rockingham site now. As Chris says it has changed quite a lot from what they first proposed but that was going to be over 2 days and they had some series drop out making it one day event.

Class Structure
Saloons
Class A – up to and including 1000cc
Class B – up to and including 1600cc
Class C – up to and including 2000cc
Class D – over 2000cc

Sports/GT
Class E – up to and including 1000cc
Class F – up to and including 1600cc
Class G – up to and including 2000cc
Class H – over 2000cc

1 Hour race
Class J – C1's
Class K – up to and including 1600cc
Class L– up to and including 2000cc

Luca Proietti

I've been told apparently that's enough time to do a out lap fast lap and an in lap.

Martin Riman

I was hoping we would have our own grid and was excited at thought of racing one last time at this great venue but like chris not sure now. 

Katy Storey

I will mention that to them Neal, thank you for pointing it out.

I have been informed we are with the C1s

Derek Coghill

Chris, as long as there are twisty bits you'll have fun. I raced my 2CV in Finland years ago (2001) and was in the smallest saloons category; last, yes, but I overtook a Golf around the outside through a corner which apparently had the commentator in paroxysms of effusiveness. Little victories...

simon turner

I have arranged to get trophies for the 2CV's in our own class for both races at Rockingham.
Simon
Tête Rouge Racing

nick nice toes

Having been in this position before where Simon has helped the club out.
I think it would only be fair for the club to reimburse Simon for his generosity.
Not sure I care what others think but it's what I think.
And being Mr 🐐 that's all that matters. 👌👌

Andrew Bull

You better make sure you drive like a demon and take one of your own trophies home then!!!!
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

hayley12

Quote from: simon turner on November 16, 2018, 13:18:04
I have arranged to get trophies for the 2CV's in our own class for both races at Rockingham.
Simon

A great gesture Simon. 🏆🏆🏆
Well done to everyone yesterday- we enjoyed watching you all. 🏆

wilbot

Yep great atmosphere created by the 2CV attendance life in a souless place pity it's closing. More people saying o'h 2CV's I didn't know. Good stuff

Maisie

Thanks to everyone who took part yesterday. It was great to see 2CV Racing so well represented and that we had the closest battles in the saloons races!
Blueberry Tart ;)

Neal

Part of the video from inside Armageddon for race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJJQXrJVMM&t=90s

I also have all of race 1 but apart from me missing second gear off the line there isn't much to see as Nick, Mick and Marc disappeared off into the distance and left me fending off Simon Turner.