Main Menu

Race Retro 2019

Started by gadget, January 14, 2019, 14:27:37

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

Hi All,
I have read somewhere that we are doing Race Retro, but cannot see anything on the forum.
Not sure who is organising this but whoever you are, you can put me down for the Friday22nd.

Wayne

Maisie

Hi Wayne, I'm in charge of RR. We have an even bigger stand this year and 6 tickets per day so the more the merrier!
Blueberry Tart ;)

Chris Yates

Cheers Wayne, we haven't put anything on the forum yet, but yes we will be looking for volunteers to man the stand.

Provisional list: (6 passes each day)

Friday morning: Wayne, Maria, 3 x Wilsons
Friday afternoon: Wayne, Maria, 3 x Wilsons
Sat morning: Maria, Chris, Chris Hall, Luca, Aubrey
Sat afternoon: Maria, Chris, Chris Hall, Luca, Aubrey
Sun morning: Chris, Maria, Jess, Shirley, Jim McDougall, Tim Harris
Sun afternoon: Chris, Maria, Jess, Shirley, Jim McDougall, Tim Harris

If anyone else wants to volunteer to be on the stand on any of those days, morning or afternoon, please let me know!

We could probably do with 4 people each day on stand

wilbot

Wilsons can do Friday all day.

Luca Proietti

I'm more than happy to help out in the Saturday

Chris Hall

I can help on Saturday if you still need people

Aubrey Brocklebank

I did say to Nick that as we live quite close I could stand in pretty much as required. He was looking for someone to take over friom him on Staurday after lunch. I am sorry but I dont know your real identity Maisie???!!! ;D Let me know details and where I can collect tickets

Also there is nothing in the 2CVGB diary of events for any of our races events etc. No idea who looks after this but....
Aubrey

Derek Coghill

Donald MacLean says that the race dates are in the most recent magazine (I was at his shop this evening). Might be the Citroenian rather than 2CV-specific, but.

Matthew Hollis

I tend to be the one that submits the dates to 2CVGB but I've been waiting to see what the timetables are first as if we are only racing on one day of a two day meeting I will need to make that clear

LDM68

First time attending this event, looking forward to it.

Maisie

Thank you to everyone who came to Race Retro - bringing cars, building up and breaking down the stand, manning the stand and talking to visitors and everyone who came to say hello! We had a lot of very positive interest, and the cars and stand looked amazing and really showed what a great thing 2CV racing is :)

Blueberry Tart ;)

Aubrey Brocklebank

Congratulations and thank you to all who organised. Apart from being a really excellent smart stand it was superbly placed between the VSCC and HSCC stands. I spoke to several people who expressed their distaste with having to pay £1400 entry for a 25 minute race at Historic Silverstone etc etc.  There were some visitors who I really felt might be converted to racing with us.
Aubrey

gadget

We also had lots of positive interest on Friday.
Gadget