Main Menu

Silverstone

Started by Nigel Hollis, February 28, 2019, 19:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Hollis

I've been told we are racing on the International Circuit. Is this correct?

Chris Yates

Probably a mistake somewhere. I doubt it, but don't know any more

Matthew Hollis

Looking on the Silverstone website, there is an MG car club meeting on the 30th March so I would assume they will be using the south part of the international circuit and the BARC meeting will be on the north part (i.e. national) part of the circuit

Nigel Hollis

I'm told that according to the marshall's rota plan its the other way round

John Widdowson

As a long time Silverstone marshal I have the marshals availability form which states that the MGCC are on the National Circuit on the 30th and BARC are on the International Circuit on the 30-31st March. The circuit is probably not ideal for 2CVs and has a small paddock with limited parking and facilities.

Mick Storey

Never raced on the international, I can get unfeasibly excited about that. May take a nap on Hangar Straight though, or take some knitting. Im struggling badly with the weight. I need to eat more pies, my Greggs loyalty card just came though, that should help, only 26 pastry days left - burp. I would be delighted to be on the international, Stowe corner flat, arghhh, bring it on. Must stop having alcohol free nights

Trevor Williams

According to all information I have you are on the International Circuit, with all the joys of the Wing and F1 pits that that brings.

Just a gentle reminder, as the vast majority (if not all) have never raced on this circuit, you WILL have to attend a new driver briefing BEFORE going out to practice. The maximum fine for non-attendance is £200.00

For info, track limits are an issue at the entry to Hanger Straight, the exit of Stowe and the exit of Club onto the start/finish straight.....

I am one of the Clerks for the event, and I do like issuing penalties.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

< I am one of the Clerks for the event >

Ah, something to look forward to!

Chris Yates

Timetable and finals, v1 : https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/barcnet/hq02-sv-303103-v1-3ugaa.pdf

Looks like it's confirmed, we're on the international circuit, and will be using the Wing pits.

Qualifying Saturday, racing on the Sunday

Chris Yates

Timetable and finals, v2: https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/barcnet/hq02-sr-finals-v2-070-pqy4c.pdf
v3: https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/HQ02-SV-303103-v3.pdf

Looks like we now have a practice session, before both qualifying sessions. In with the Clios...

Andrew Bull

Behave yourselves boys and girls. Trevor's now senior clerk!!!!!   Congratulations trev. 
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Trevor Williams

And on that note, a few "heads up" items..

If any of you are testing on the Friday and have booked garages, please try and explain to Silverstone Circuit that you need to be in the garages that have been allocated to the 2CVs for the weekend, otherwise you will be required to move to the correct ones after your testing finishes....

Also, you will be required to undergo noise testing prior to going out on circuit. At the moment this is proposed to be done in the assembly area, so make sure you are there in enough time for this to happen before the free practice session.

Your first race on Sunday is immediately before the Church Break....... with all that that may entail regarding session finish time

There are other things that need to be decided regarding the running of the meeting, and if any of these affect you, we will communicate that on the day

Trevor Williams

Just another "heads-up"....

TSL have posted on their Facebook page that the new style my laps transponders have a firmware update that needs to be downloaded (or whatever the hell one does with them)

Pete Sparrow

Cheers Trev.
Thanks for the info.
I'll still get it wrong.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Trevor Williams

Pete, no worries. Need to have 5 minutes with you and Alec over the weekend regarding Members Meeting