Main Menu

Technical Regulations passed at AGM

Started by Richard hollis, December 01, 2019, 09:18:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard hollis

Hi All,

Please see attached document which shows the wording which has now been put into the 2020 Regulations (and is now with the BARC for approval) from all the proposals that were passed at the AGM.

Kind regards,

Richard

Andrew Bull

Having not been at the meeting, please could you clarify which one of the proposals has been accepted and which wording set for regulation 5.6.3.17 has been submitted to the regs for next year? TP1, TP2 or  TP3. 

In TP4 please could you define a 'replacement'.  In the normal world a replacement would be of the same nature and design usually replacing a faulty unit.

in TP7 why does the drivers window have to be open?  I assume that any car without the OE half opening drivers window will fail the silhouette regulation.

cheers
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Chris Yates

All proposals were accepted Bully - so the wording from TP1, 2 and 3 have been incorporated into the regulations

TP4: dictionary definition of replacement is: "the process of replacing something with something else". Doesn't have to be of the same nature/design.

TP7: The driver's window is excluded from the 'must be closed' part of the silhouette specification.

Paul

The wording states that the drivers side window must not be closed,therefore anyone who cannot open their window fails the silhouette check.

"The silhouette is to be viewed as with all doors, bootlid, bonnet and all windows (except driver's side window) in the closed position."

Chris Yates

I disagree Paul. I read that as the drivers window being excluded from that aspect of the silhouette rule. I.e. can be closed OR open.

Paul

The exception to the rule is the drivers window which, if not shut as the others, must be open.

Trevor Williams

Are these the only proposals that were made? Because if they were, what is the point of them?

The regulations were adequately clear before these proposals, but now they are just muddied!!

And putting a regulation in that allows you to change the colour of the? Laughable!!!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Chris Yates

Quote from: Trevor Williams on December 22, 2019, 14:34:54
The regulations were adequately clear before these proposals, but now they are just muddied!!

Were they really clear, Trev? I had quite a few people complaining to me that several common mods weren't mentioned in the regs, and therefore by regulation 5.1 (if it doesn't say you can, assume you can't) cars were illegal and could have been protested.

Competitors ask the tech committee to take action on these inconsistencies, so we did.