Main Menu

2cv 24 hour

Started by Alec Graham, May 14, 2020, 16:27:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Graham

Hi All
As some form of update
So far as we are aware Cadwell Park and the 24 hour race are still going ahead.
I am currently looking to tag on a date or two after the 24 hour.
Please keep planning for the 24 hour.

Paul

That's great news Alec .

gadget

do they do blue and gold ones??

Marc Fenner

Do we know how this event is going to be managed yet and how many teams are entering?

As its been pointed out most teams have 5-6 different households in the team and social distancing isn't going to be possible especially when working on the car.

I already know of some teams that won't be able to take part due to vunrable family members and not chancing it.
Will they be able to transfer deposits to next year?

Alec Graham

Hi Marc

We have a meeting soon with the BARC  To establish whether there needs to be any alterations to the way the event is run.
So there will be more on that once we get closer to the event. BARC want to get a couple of normal meetings under their belt first, so please be patient on that , it is in hand.
So far as Entrants are concerned the grid is looking pretty healthy with numbers very similar to last year.
Should the race get cancelled by the organisers, then of course any deposits/fees paid towards it will be fully refunded.
I hope that puts your mind at rest.
Alec.

gadget

Hi Alec,
I'm not sure that what you have said makes it clear.
I think that Marc asked about deposits being carried over to next year regardless .
I am not now entering the 24 and will be wanting my deposit for this year refunded.
Regards
Gadget

Alec Graham

Deposits under normal circumstances are non transferable and non refundable. Nothing this year has been normal.  The club are offering full refund up until 1st August. Following that should the race get cancelled we will all get a full refund.. deposits remain non transferable.  Hope that's clear.

Marc Fenner

Quick question regarding the current situation.

With certain areas going into mini lockdowns and most teams having crews from all areas how will this effect things?

Example being the car and one driver are in Manchester... Can they leave to go racing? Will they get there money back as its a government call?

Trevor Williams

Asking questions that if you used common sense you wouldn't need to ask?

If you live in an area that has restrictions imposed, you have to abide by the restrictions. What is so difficult to understand about the phrase "non-essential travel"

If an event isn't cancelled, why should you expect to get money back because you can't attend? If the event is cancelled, that's a different story.

Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Marc Fenner

Completly understand what your saying but does the club have something in place incase we do go into further lockdowns and teams are unable to make it not through choice but through government ruling

naughtybear

New travel rules announced - people travelling from Belgium have to quarantine for 14 days, not good for the euro boys 
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Nick Roads

Marc - there has to be an element of trust for all involved in the 24 hour this year. There is more reliance on self certification for the cars and the drivers in all the guidance coming from BARC and MSA. Same will apply to crew as we see it as a club. It will be for teams to discuss with their own crew first as to what is safe and how rules around isolation, quarantine etc should apply as most Government 'rules' are nearly all guidance and not regulations anyway.   

Derek Coghill

Anything from Westminster has stopped short of being suggestion or guidance, with the end result that anything that you do that results in you falling ill from this is your own fault. Sorry for verging on the political, but they've done their best to avoid direct instruction of any sort, for which they might be held to account. Expletive deleted. D.

Paul

Quote from: Nick Roads on August 09, 2020, 12:31:49
Marc - there has to be an element of trust for all involved in the 24 hour this year. There is more reliance on self certification for the cars and the drivers in all the guidance coming from BARC and MSA. Same will apply to crew as we see it as a club. It will be for teams to discuss with their own crew first as to what is safe and how rules around isolation, quarantine etc should apply as most Government 'rules' are nearly all guidance and not regulations anyway.   

So what about the statement in the club newsletter"Only listed team members should be in those areas and it is mandatory to wear masks except when actually eating."