Main Menu

Covid restrictions

Started by gadget, August 21, 2020, 21:31:45

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

Based on the latest announcements, does the club have any responsibility for the entrants on a duty of care basis?
With the latest it is unlikely that there will be any entries from Belgian or French teams.
But does the club have a  duty of care responsiblity  if any entrant or team member lives in a restricted area?
Are drivers responsible for their own actions with relation to this? Or is the club responsible?
If someone races  from a restricted area or from a locked down area, who is responsible?
If the club accepts the entry, knowing that the driver is in a restricted area, could the club become involved in a situation??

Nick Roads

The starting point for considering risks around Covid has to be the arrangements between a team, its crew and drivers.They would consider the advice from Gov.uk, MSAuK, BARC, MSV and effectively make their own risk assessment.

The club is promoting the race entry and then provides details of those to BARC and MSV. The drivers will need to self certify to both BARC and MSV and this will place responsibilities on them if they have any symptoms of Covid. Emails will be going to them shortly we expect and I would assume they will share these with all their team, we are expecting that the drivers will need to provide details of the crew (their 'guests').

The club will not be involved in the approval process other than to provide a list of the drivers. If BARC or MSV were to not allow a driver to participate then the only involvement of the club is that we have advised all entrants we will not make a refund.

In relation to foreign drivers then they can participate assuming they can satisfy BARC and MSV.

Spectators will need to meet MSV ticket entry requirements. More here http://www.msv.com/media/7316006/how_we_are_keeping_our_customers_safe_at_race_meetings_-_august.pdf

kinchieman

Good luck to everybody for the 24 hours next weekend, hope its a good race. As for Covid-19 restrictions, if all it takes to prevent you catching it is wearing a mask, then wear a mask. I spent 8 days on a ventilator/life support in 2017 and it was horrific - you don't want to go there. I still have problems caused by the plastic tube of the ventilator down my throat - I can't raise my voice above normal levels, you wouldn't hear me speak to you in the noisy pits. For the sake of £1 for a mask, please be careful.  Hope to catch up with everybody next year.

Neil McDonald, Glenkinchie, Scotland.