Main Menu

AGM 2020 Notification

Started by Maisie, November 01, 2020, 19:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Maisie

All members should have had the following email from Nick Roads to give formal notification of the AGM to be held over Zoom on 21st November at 14:30 (which would have been our 2020 Dinner Dance / AGM date). All documentation for the meeting is attached.

QuoteDear Classic 2CV Racing Club member.

This email is being sent to all the members of The Classic 2CV Racing Club Ltd, the list of members is attached to this email.

I am writing this as a Director and on behalf of your Board.

The club racing season is now finished. We have been to 3 race meetings and held 4 x 20 minute sprints and 1 x 24 Hour race. For the 24 hour race we invited the Mini Grands and the Belgian 2CV club as guest classes. This year the Belgians could not attend but there was a Belgian specification 2CV hybrid car with an all UK crew for the 24 Hour race.

We had 21 different 2CV's and 84 drivers racing with the club in 2020.

It has obviously been a very difficult year with no easy way to make plans or decisions. We are delighted in the support we have had from the majority of members to support and back our determination to race and to have seen so many drivers, crew, supporters and friends at the meetings.

The AGM for the Company is to take place on the 21st November 2020 at 1430. Due to Covid-19 restrictions it will be held via Zoom and not in person. The same to apply for the Sporting and Technical meetings which will take place at 1500.

We are proposing to proceed with the meetings as follows:

Company AGM

The agenda for the AGM is attached.
You may nominate a proxy to vote for you at the meeting. See the attached for details.
A zoom link and the accounts will be sent to all members, or their proxies, by 8 pm on the evening before the AGM.

I am managing the Zoom signing in and the start of the meeting.

Technical and Sporting

The technical and sporting committee have recently met and recommended the proposals to be discussed at the STGM meeting as attached.
You may nominate a proxy to vote for you at the meeting. See the attached for details.

A zoom link and the accounts will be sent to all members, or their proxies, by 8 pm on the evening before the STGM.
Richard Hollis-Brown will chair that meeting.

PLEASE NOTE: You should setup a Zoom account ahead of the meeting in order to sign in. There are 2 different Zoom meetings taking place on the 21st.

On a personal note I would like to thank all the other members of the Board. It's been a pleasure to serve another 3 years as a Director for the club and do so with a great group of people. I advised the Board in March I would retire at the AGM.

I will still be racing in a Classic 2CV in 2021 and am confident that the Board will reach the best decisions for 2021 and beyond for its members and the Club.

Nick Roads

Other directors of the Club as of 31 October:

Chris Yates
Ainislie Bousfield
Alec Graham
Maria Cooke
Richard Hollis-Brown
Martin Harrold
Lien Davies

Blueberry Tart ;)

Maisie

Proxy voting forms attached here (limit of 4 attachments per post).
Blueberry Tart ;)