Main Menu

Results of STGM 21st November 2021

Started by Richard hollis, November 22, 2020, 22:46:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard hollis

Hi All,

Thank you to those who attend the STGM to vote on the Technical Proposals for the 2021 season.

The results are briefly summarised here and in the attachment. More details to follow in the meeting minutes in due course.

TP1 - Passed
TP2 - Passed
TP3 - Passed
TP4 - Not passed
TP5 - Passed
TP6 - Not passed
TP7 - Passed

Can I also take this opportunity to again thank Chris Yates, the Technical Committee and all those who have helped with the technical aspects this year.

Kind regards,

Richard

Paul

Proposal   Wheels – to allow the inside seam where the inner wheel centre joins the outer wheel rim to be welded.
Adjusted wording for the regulations   5.12.7 The wheels shall be standard production 4J x 15 steel items from the Citroen A series range, or from the Citroen Ami Super. It is permissible to weld the inside seam where the inner wheel centre joins the outer wheel rim.
Notes (for members to consider)   To improve the strength of the wheel, particularly where new wheel's build quality is questioned. In addition, some new pattern wheels come with welded seams as standard so this rule makes there use legal and would clear up any confusion over their use.
Recommended by the Technical Committee   Yes
Passed at AGM?   YES

Can i ask, when is a "standard production 4J x 15 steel items from the Citroen A series range" a pattern part? If pattern part wheels are to be used shouldn't they be approved by the Technical committee and the board at least if not the organising club, being a safety critical part?
I have seen no proposal to allow their use.

Andrew Bull

should this thinking be applied to all available items too?  i.e pattern wings? remanufactured parts? aftermarket parts? or even SPOG parts?

At what point or what definition is standard?  does a pattern (copied design, shape and material) wheel class as a standard item.  Would a Mehari Club wheel count as a standard part? do optional accessory parts fall in to the bracket and as such parts like weller wheels often fitted as optional accessories. 

Thinking caps on then! ??? ??? ???
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Paul

from blue book.
Standard Part. Is a part, the specification, features,
location and method of operation of a part are as
provided when new by the motor manufacturer for the
model and date of car as shown on the entry form.

Standard Pattern Part. Replacement part that has a
similar form shape and features as the standard part
and is made using similar materials and manufacturing
processes e.g. A standard part manufactured by a non
original equipment supplier that is fully interchangeable
with the standard part.

Andrew Bull

So i read that a pattern part is acceptable as a (For FS) "standard" part.
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Paul

Not if pattern parts aren't included in the regulation ,it quite clearly states Standard in our regs not Standard Pattern.

Derek Coghill

Welds can create weakness as well as strength.

Pete Sparrow

Quote from: Paul on November 30, 2020, 16:08:34
Proposal   Wheels – to allow the inside seam where the inner wheel centre joins the outer wheel rim to be welded.
Adjusted wording for the regulations   5.12.7 The wheels shall be standard production 4J x 15 steel items from the Citroen A series range, or from the Citroen Ami Super. It is permissible to weld the inside seam where the inner wheel centre joins the outer wheel rim.
Notes (for members to consider)   To improve the strength of the wheel, particularly where new wheel's build quality is questioned. In addition, some new pattern wheels come with welded seams as standard so this rule makes there use legal and would clear up any confusion over their use.
Recommended by the Technical Committee   Yes
Passed at AGM?   YES

Can i ask, when is a "standard production 4J x 15 steel items from the Citroen A series range" a pattern part? If pattern part wheels are to be used shouldn't they be approved by the Technical committee and the board at least if not the organising club, being a safety critical part?
I have seen no proposal to allow their use.

As far as I can see even the best quality wheels that ECAS sell are 'Pattern' parts, they are not made by Michelin as originals were, likewise cooling fans, barrels and pistons, exhaust gaskets and a vast amount of parts we fit to our cars are no longer 'genuine or original', mostly pattern. Its a valid point.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Paul

I get that Pete ,however they are not safety critical parts like wheels. If they are to be permitted the regs should state they are permitted and how they are identified.
The ones i have seen are pressed in a way that the wheel nuts hardly contact and cause flexing,is a different wheel nut required? if so that should be stated.