Main Menu

2021 Licence Renewals - MSUK Offering 25% Discount

Started by Trevor Williams, December 09, 2020, 16:42:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

As the title says, Motorsport UK are offering a 25% discount on 2021 Licence renewals. The catch?

You must renew before 31st January 2021, and it is hidden in the small print of Section 5 of the form.

Another catch? If, like me, you renew online, there is no (or at least there wasn't yesterday) option to apply for this discount, so make sure you use the paper form

Cheers
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nigel Hollis

I've been told by somebody who put the question over the phone to Motorsport UK that the minimum required licence to take part in the UK 2cv Championship is Race Club - do we know if this is correct? £56 difference between that and Race National! (before discount)

Trevor Williams

Nigel
As far as I am aware, the Championship Permit for the 2CVs will be a Club permit. This is the 2021 version of the old National B (pre 2020) and Interclub (2020) Motorsport UK permits.

The minimum licence requirement would therefore be "Club". If you wish to compete in Europe (if we are still allowed), you would need to hold a "National" licence.

Either way, make sure you tick the box to get your 25% discount if you are applying before the end of January

Regards

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nigel Hollis

Just learnt of another catch - the discount only applies for a renewal of a like for like licence so won't apply if you downgrade from National to Race Club!

Nick Roads

Happy New Year to all on here.

I just renewed my licence and ticked an option for '25% discount for first time' and all went through ok with the discount. I was keeping the same category of licence.