Main Menu

Brands Hatch April 10-11

Started by Nick Roads, March 05, 2021, 06:15:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

I see in facebook discussions taking place with BARC for the April 10-11 racing which is on the schedule but know a few people don't use FB so was wondering as to

1 - do we have regulations agreed and published yet for 2021 by BARC/MSAUK; particularly around 2nd driver and one qualifying session

2 - is Brands 1 or 2 day event. If its 2 day and no camping which the UK roadmap seems to say then that is difficult for most I would think so can it be 1 day please (Saturday gets my vote).

Chris Yates

As far as we know at the moment, Brands is a two day event. We're waiting for BARC to clarify the position on this event, but with no staying overnight, getting marshals to attend may be a problem.

As you know, we have no say in whether it's a 1 or 2 day meeting, that's up to BARC.

Still no sign of the regs, but MSUK have only just started issuing permits as of this week - and the permit number needs to go into the regs, so it may be a little while longer before our regs are published. Some of the BARC staff are on furlough as well and only working limited hours.

Nick Roads

Thanks, I see Croft been cancelled this afternoon same weekend. Hope to see everyone soon!

Trevor Williams

Chris,

Getting Officials, marshals etc to attend will probably not be a problem. Motorsport UK have issued guidance confirming that as those people would be classed as "working", then they can legally stay away from their normal place of residence.

Competitors, now that is another matter!!! Motorsport UK were meant to update the guidance yesterday, but are too busy burying their heads in the sand.

Whilst organised sport will be allowed from 29th March 2021, unless the event is covered by the "elite sport" exemption, or unless you are a professional racing driver whose job it is to compete in the relevant competition, you are not allowed to stay overnight away from your normal place of residence. Things change on 12th April (at the moment), which is too late....

I would suggest someone with the necessary authority contacts BARC and asks what the hell is going on

Cheers
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Aubrey Brocklebank

I did contact BARC and others who will remain nameless and the answer is no one knows! We are prepping the car but the thought of having to leave at 00:christ to get there for scrtineering is not appealing!

Anyone know how thick the perspex for the windows needs to be? (4mm?)
Aubrey

Chris Yates

4mm Aubrey, it's in our regs.

Trevor Williams

And there is no physical scrutineering....

Trevor Williams

The meeting has been rescheduled to 5th and 6th June 2021

Chris Yates

Thanks Trevor - it's official now, the Brands Hatch event on the 10/11th of April has been rearranged.

Currently I think we're talking to the BARC regarding a reshuffle of dates, as the Brands meeting has been moved to June 5/6, which is very close to our Oulton date (12th June). More news soon.

Trevor Williams

Most important question to ask, considering the British Truck Racing Championship was given Elite status at 4:00am on Monday 8th March, is who made the decision to reschedule???

With Elite status, the event could have gone ahead with competitors taking advantage of the exemption to restrictions........

£££££££££££££££££££

Steve Panas

Derek Coghill

The not-staying-away-overnight thing isn't really a goer with regard to Brands...