Main Menu

Race 2 qualifying??

Started by Andrew Bull, March 17, 2021, 14:53:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

Trevor, I can only go with what I am being told. Would you like to tell BARC and TSL that they're talking rubbish?  You have their contact details I'm sure.

Neal

There is a risk here that a driver might not do his 3 laps and also slightly more worrying that a novice driver gets to start on pole for his first race. (can I have all Pete' s second races please?)

Trevor Williams

Chris
Even though it is the Board's responsibility to come up with the Regulations, I have spoken to BARC regarding how the Pickup Trucks, with TSL input, have manged their qualifying session for years.

I have even suggested the following

There will be one 20 minute qualifying session. The qualifying session will be split with the first 10 minutes setting the grid for the first race and the second 10 minutes setting the grid for the second race. The split between the two parts of qualifying will be signified by the showing of the Union flag at the start line when the clock has reached 10:00.000. Th clock will not be reset and will continue to run for the duration of the session.
A driver competing in the first race must take part in the first 10 minutes of the session. A driver competing in the second race must take part in the second 10 minutes of the session
In order for a lap time to be valid for the first race, it must be completed before the clock has reached 9:59.999
In order for a lap time to be valid for the second race, it must be started after the clock has reached 10:00.000
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Chris Yates

I'd argue that it's *not* the board's responsibility to write the regs, at least as far as sporting regs go - we're not qualified to do that. That's what we pay the BARC to do for us.

Thanks for the suggestion on wording - hopefully the BARC and TSL can agree on its implementation.

Aubrey Brocklebank

At Cadwell there is 20 minutes "practice" and 20 minutes "Qualifying" sessions ...why not 2 Qualifying? end of problem

A
Aubrey

Luca Proietti

That would give tsl a longer period of time to sort the solution.

Trevor Williams

See the attached bulletin relating to your qualifying sessions
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul

thanks for posting that Trev,easy enough to understand.