Main Menu

Obsolete belts

Started by Matthew Hollis, May 24, 2021, 12:45:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Hollis

Over the years we have amassed a number of obsolete belts/harnesses which are no longer valid for racing. But they are still fully functioning. So just curious what other people do, are they only good for scrap or would they be legal to use on the road? Given they are not damaged but are simply no longer the correct FIA spec I would have thought someone could still make use of them somewhere!?

Chris Yates

I believe some people have had success with putting them on eBay (or similar) for the track day crowd to buy. I suspect there'll be a lot of supply though, compared with demand, but probably worth a go!

Derek Coghill

I used to give my old ones to a pal who raced bangers. F2s and the like might be more regulated tho'.

Andrew Bull

Just a thought on these, I don't believe they would be road legal as they probably are not E approved for road use even though they're FIA homologate.  Check the labels for 'E' Mark.
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Matthew Hollis

Yes I don't think I would advertise as road legal, very much a case of buyer beware. I've got 3 obsolete plumbed in fire extinguishers now as well!