Main Menu

24hr race weekend

Started by Pete Sparrow, August 30, 2021, 21:54:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

I just wanted to say thank you to all that had a hand in organising a great event this weekend. Really good to see 30 cars and full garages of people.
I spoke to quite a few people that went to the Citroen Gathering as well as officials, scrutineer's and some of the marshals. All said what a great weekend it is, how good the manners were out on track and the marshals were very pleased with the goodie bags ( 'don't even get this with the touring cars' one told me).
Overall we should be very proud of ourselves.
What was also nice was the promotion from Snetterton (MSV) and BARC as this helped it get round the net. Maybe they are starting to realise what a gem this race is.
Cheers
Pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Paul

Well said GOAT, i would like to thank Martin and Chris for all the effort they put in not only to this weekend but to the club all year round. Generally it is a thankless task so THANK YOU.

Chris Hall

Marty

To all the winners (and for me, each participant is a winner) of this splendid race, I want to assure you of the great show that I watched on my screen, thanks to the live and the timing board.
We felt from a distance the enthusiasm, the joviality of the participants, the good spirit, the fantastic work of the mechanics, and everything that makes us want to run with you soon.
Thanks++ to all of you, from the pilots to the marshals, from the organizers to the commentators, it was really a pleasure to follow.

Derek Coghill

Agreed. Also, thank you all for your offers of help and loans of parts. Much appreciated.

Paul

Quote from: Marty on August 31, 2021, 12:30:42
To all the winners (and for me, each participant is a winner) of this splendid race, I want to assure you of the great show that I watched on my screen, thanks to the live and the timing board.
We felt from a distance the enthusiasm, the joviality of the participants, the good spirit, the fantastic work of the mechanics, and everything that makes us want to run with you soon.
Thanks++ to all of you, from the pilots to the marshals, from the organizers to the commentators, it was really a pleasure to follow.
Let's hope you can run with us next year Marty, as an event we have room for all some or all the Classiques on the grid, the whole club would really like you to come and help boost the race further.