Main Menu

Complete Novice with ARDS - looking to be a support driver for the 24 hr race

Started by Darren P, December 09, 2021, 19:22:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren P

Hello everyone, just starting out and looking to see if any team would be brave enough to take a novice on to be part of this fantastic event.  I have never raced but an experienced Track day enthusiast.  Main track I attend is Goodwood plus Brands and Thruxton and of course no timing on a track day but I have been told by others my times are in the region of 1m.33 ion a lap at Goodwood n a front wheel drive 2ltr standard tintop car. (R26R)  If anyone is looking for a driver to be part of a team I would be very pleased to meet with you.  I am West Sussex based.  My only claim to a 24 Hrs event is to have attended Le Mans 18 years on the trot from when Mazda first won.  Yes I was there for the McLaren domination years also....  I am not a youngster but love driving.

I can but ask.

Thanks for reading. / thank you to Chris I now have a drive this year
Darren

Matthew Hollis

Hi Darren, welcome to the forum and thanks for the early interest. I'm sure there will be opportunities for you as the event draws closer, plus if you can make it to any of the sprint rounds please feel free to come and say hello to any of the racers, we are a friendly bunch :)

Darren P

Did it, wow, thank you everyone, I had the weekend of my life and will never forget this. Chris, thank you for taking the chance and introducing me to Andi and number 82.....

Matthew Hollis

Glad you enjoyed it Darren, maybe we'll see you out at some of the other races next year too?  ;)

Darren P

Most seem to be in the North, definitely want to do more though. Hopefully, I can get a drive again next year with Andi.  Thanks again to everyone who was there.  Just fantastic.

Andi82

This site is just like tinder for racing driver match ups. We both swiped right and got a great match!

In all seriousness Darren was awesome in the car, some questionable gear choices leaving the pit lane early on but once the umbrella handle had been mastered he went on to do some great lap times.

100% welcome back next year!

Darren P

Update / since writing this I now own a 2CV, entered again for this years 24HR event and will also be driving with Colin as second driver in the Enduro at Pembrey. Thank you again everyone involved and to Chris for answering my post originally.