Main Menu

Terry Collier

Started by GBA, April 27, 2022, 13:54:42

Previous topic - Next topic

GBA

Hi All,

I mentioned to some of you at the weekend, that following a short illness Terry Collier passed away a week or so ago and his funeral is tomorrow afternoon in Huntingdon.

To those that don't know, Terry was my father in law. He had a great passion for 2cv racing and is the primary reason I got in to it. He raced at Mondello back in the 1990's, helped me in all my racing and was the main instigator of the club cam we all know and love today: https://www.2cvracing.org.uk/club-camshaft-scheme/

I am immensely proud to have known Terry, he was generous, charming, honourable and fun.

Trevor Williams

Please pass on my condolences to all the family and friends, Gary. Hope all goes well tomorrow
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Matthew Hollis

Sorry to read this, I can remember Terry from our early days in 2CV racing and it was Team Collier who taught us about bending the rear arms, transforming our car from pretty much last at Mallory to a top ten runner a week or so later at Pembrey.

Roy Eastwood

I'm sorry to hear about his passing away Gary, I do remember many constructive chats with Terry about the future of 2cv racing.