Main Menu

Silverstone

Started by simon turner, May 09, 2022, 18:24:22

Previous topic - Next topic

simon turner

We were asked to vote on a proposal to hold the Silverstone event on Sunday only. I rejected the idea for several reasons but mainly because doing one double qualifying and 2 races all in one day makes if difficult for people suffering reliability problems or accident damage sufficient time to fix their cars. I am sure we would all prefer to allow everyone to take part in each event. At Brands Hatch I believe we had to complete 2 separate qualifying sessions and 2 races in one day which was too much as I felt like I had no time to do anything meaningful between sessions.

Separately you may also wish to consider that usually if we are only competing on a Sunday then we don't get allocated any space in the Paddock on Saturday until maybe after 6.30pm once another racing group has left and if the Cadwell rules had been followed we would not have actually been allowed in at all until after 7pm on Friday evening.

I could in addition raise the point that the entry form specifically indicates that the qualifying and racing will be split over 2 days which could could make the difference between someone attending or not. If it had only been only Sunday at Pembrey at the beginning of the season would everyone have still been interested in entering the race for one day with most likely a much later finish time? If in general we all prefer 2 day race weekends can we please agree this at the AGM and make sure that BARC are aware that we don't wish to change the option without 100% agreement from all entered competitors at the point of asking, not just simply a majority.

Simon
TĂȘte Rouge Racing

Chris Yates

BARC are aware of our wishes for 2-day events. We were given the option to condense to Sunday only for Silverstone, but the majority of the racing membership present at Pembrey rejected running on the Sunday only. So, at Silverstone we'll be running on the Saturday and Sunday as usual.

What we can't do (and neither can the BARC) is guarantee from meeting to meeting when things are going to happen on the timetables. For instance, we can't say we'll always have race 1 on the Saturday, it might happen on Sunday morning for some meetings.

gadget

So you  hungry people,  it has been as appropriate to have some food at Silverstone on Saturday evening .
Along as you eat meat,that is going to happen.
I understand that the club bbq died a death 2 or 3 years ago. So I have been pushed into upgrading my home bbq and donating my old one to the club.
So on Saturday evening we will be doing sirloin beef rolls with a choice of toppings. Unfortunately there will not be a vegetarian option.
Thinking about food being ready about 7.30 -8.00.
Bring your own teeth.
Gadget

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: gadget on May 22, 2022, 20:37:34
So you  hungry people,  it has been as appropriate to have some food at Silverstone on Saturday evening .
Along as you eat meat,that is going to happen.
I understand that the club bbq died a death 2 or 3 years ago. So I have been pushed into upgrading my home bbq and donating my old one to the club.
So on Saturday evening we will be doing sirloin beef rolls with a choice of toppings. Unfortunately there will not be a vegetarian option.
Thinking about food being ready about 7.30 -8.00.
Bring your own teeth.
Gadget

Excellent, thanks very much Wayne! We'll try and do the trophies for Pembrey around the same time, once everyone has had a chance to have a bite to eat

Trevor Williams

Two things......

DO NOT set the BBQ up in any of the garages at Silverstone (or anywhere else for that matter) Please use the club "never-up"

Also, any new drivers to the circuit MUST attend a New Driver briefing at the time stated in the Final Instructions PRIOR to going out on the track. Failure to do so will attract a fine.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Chris Yates

Entry lists:

Race: Silverstone race 1.

Car #   Driver Name      Team name
13   Sebastian Jones-White      Baycon Racing With LiquiMoly
22   Mick Storey         Rosie Racing
24   Lien Davies            Team Gadget Racing
30   Sandro Proietti         Baycon Racing With LiquiMoly
33   Matthew Arrowsmith-Brown   Team ECAS
35   Shirley Hennessy         Blueberry Tarts
40   Chris Yates            Blueberry Muffins
41   Aubrey Brocklebank      Classic 41 Factory Racing
47   Giles Owen            Hansgrohe
48   Laurence Broadhurst      S L Racing
55   Julie Walford         Steve Walford Racing
70   Nigel Hollis            Hollis Motorsport
72   Matthew Hollis         Hollis Motorsport
76   Andrew Bull            Tete Rouge with Propolis Process Solutions
79   David O'Keeffe         2CV Team LION 2
80   Nicholas Home         ATB
81   Simon Turner         Tete Rouge Racing
82   Pete Sparrow         Reggie-Mental Racing
89   Nick Crispin            DD Motorsport
92   Nick Roads            Crisis @ Tete Rouge
96   Chris Hall            Pork Pie Racing
97   Gary Adnitt            2CV Team LION 1
99   Max Wyer            Fast Underpowered Citroen Racing

Chris Yates

Race: Silverstone race 2.

Car #   Driver Name   Team name
13   Oscar Proietti   Baycon Racing With LiquiMoly
22   Lauren Storey   Rosie Racing
24   Lien Davies   Team Gadget Racing
30   Luca Proietti   Baycon Racing With LiquiMoly
33   Glenn Oswin   Team ECAS
35   Shirley Hennessy   Blueberry Tarts
40   Chris Yates   Blueberry Muffins
41   Martin Riman   Classic 41 Factory Racing
47   Giles Owen   Hansgrohe
48   George Broadhurst   S L Racing
55   Steve Walford   Steve Walford Racing
70   Nigel Hollis   Hollis Motorsport
72   Matthew Hollis   Hollis Motorsport
76   Andrew Bull   Tete Rouge with Propolis Process Solutions
79   David O'Keeffe   2CV Team LION 2
80   Ainslie Bousfield   ATB
81   Simon Turner   Tete Rouge Racing
82   Andi Donaldson   Reggie-Mental Racing
89   Nick Crispin   DD Motorsport
92   Nick Roads   Crisis @ Tete Rouge
96   Jennifer Hall   Pork Pie Racing
97   Gary Adnitt   2CV Team LION 1
99   Max Wyer   Fast Underpowered Citroen Racing

gadget

Trevor, there is no chance of having a bbq in the garages. If we are lucky,Silverstone might let us 2nd class citizens into the circuit at7pm Friday night. We are in the outfield of the paddock,nowhere near the garages.
We plan on having 40 fire extinguishers surrounding the bbq, just in case!
All attended by Classic car enthusiasts. Or stand by staff from the fire service.
And while we are on the subject of Silverstone,
If its on our list of meetings next year,I will Not be going.
How the biggest venue cannot find room to accommodate us before 7pm Friday is beyond me.
It happens every time. And it's not like they can provide food or bar when we are let in.
Anywhere else, we seem to be able to turn up anytime in the afternoon so we can set up ,unload and be able to go out to eat.
To the committee, please try to get meetings at circuits that are more accommodating to the people who help them survive.

Trevor Williams

Wayne,
It is not just Silverstone. MSVR circuits have the same statement about BBQs in their terms. All circuits are getting much stricter in the enforcement of their H&S policies. Be thankful you don't have to prove you all have PL insurance (yet)
As for bring let in before 7pm, there is a Silverstone Circuits Test day (which is nothing to do with BARC) on the Friday. There customers for that have to vacate before 7pm to allow the competitors access to the paddock and garages. Again, MSV circuits have THE SAME policy in place on the Friday before the events on their circuits
The circuit is also REALLY focused on a little race series that is using the venue in a months time and is in it's build-up to that.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

gadget

You talk in riddles.
It's quite simple, if they cannot accommodate a few vehicles and trailers before 7pm,they need to go on a course!

Derek Coghill

"..a little race series that is using the venue in a months time.."

Aye, but they're a bunch ae fannies (and you can tell them that if you want). Spoilt children.

Chris Yates

Live stream recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbXS09JwSYw

Race 1 (including interviews): https://youtu.be/gbXS09JwSYw?t=7370

Race 2 (including interviews): https://youtu.be/gbXS09JwSYw?t=21724