Main Menu

Re: What do I say to this competitor ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 03:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Patrick Collier on May 28, 2004 at 11:46:20:

In Reply to: What do I say to this competitor ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! posted by Martin H on May 27, 2004 at 22:49:45:

I may be talking way out of line here as i personally only do the 24hour. However my car as many of you know does usually compete and i have had some small way been involved in the cam.

Ok the cam was designed to flatten the field, a well designed engine will benefit but only slightly, a poorly designed engine will benefit to a higher percentage, if you bother to get the timing right, ( a bag of worms there but many people seem to think that if they just fit the new cam hey presto top engine...sadly mistaken).

right 24 hours...I am in favour of having as big a grid as possible end of story

the problem with allowing evertyone to run an 03 engine is that dare i say it..there are some dodgy cams running around and if you allow any cam to run as per 03 you cannot police it. however we are not saying let everyone start on an 03 engine but we are saying let the guys who are 1 offs or not really likly to run at the very sharp end start with an 03 engine. no problem.
I would suggest that the front runners, and lets be honest we all know who they are likly to be not run with an 03 engine but allow the organisers some discretion and trust them to be sensable.
the facts are that a well sorted 04 is and I stress the word is faster than a legal 03, and again i use the word legal. Our engines have never used anything other than a legal cam and our 04 engines are quicker than last years, not by much but a bit. what is interesting is that rather than having 1 good one, better than the others now all 4 are very similar.

Ok so in short fine let guys start and run with an 03 engine but how about a standard penalty of 10 laps if anyone feels they need some safty net?

but all this petty chat is really the kind of thing that does more damage, lets be grown ups and look at the bigger picture.

my email is pat.collier@freeuk I am happy to accept any comments anyone may want to have.