Main Menu

Re: What do I say to this competitor ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 03:11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Paul Robertson on June 01, 2004 at 01:35:32:

In Reply to: What do I say to this competitor ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! posted by Martin H on May 27, 2004 at 22:49:45:

Ihave just had another batch of cams done so if this competitor requires one he can contact me to get one.If he wants to bring his crankcases and crank I will install it for him .Those people who blow their engine in qualifying would be most unlucky to break their camshaft ,this truly is a rare thing to break (though not impossible as pete simpson has shown).If they cannot repair their engine themselves they should take advantage of the BUDDY system to obtain help and advice to ensure they can start the race.I shall be taking some spare bottom ends to snet as well as any cams i have left over so should people require them there should be some available.
Imust agree with ainslie that the suggestion that we might change the rules could well have made people think that they did not need to bother having the club cam fitted.
Ido not think that following the rules as decided by the majority of club is splitting hairs .Otherwise individuals could change the rules as and when they saw fit.
However, splitting hairs, if the camshaft is only available to club members ,then how could a day member be expected to turn up at snet with an04 engine ?
Having spent the weekend at croix watching the belgian series 10 laps is not a particularly large penalty ,one car started 50 mins after the race had started and still managed to get in the top ten and that was only a six hour race.
Lets get cars on the grid, use them as mobile chicanes and hope that next year they have managed to save up the £45 they need to buy the cam and got bothered enough by being so slow that they decide to fit it.