Main Menu

Where to as a club...

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 11:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Catherine on August 17, 2004 at 10:16:19:

Now that I've read the bit in Snail mail...I mean Pace, regarding the club and poor numbers, can I stick my tuppence ha'penny in?

Well I'm going to anyway!

Currently I'm a non-driving member and confess that as a spectator I often prefer to watch sprints, as they are generally faster so more action, however from a competing point of view I'd rather do the enduros. Simple reason really cost effectiveness. Travelling down south from Ecosse is pricey, so would be better to come for a longer race, but in saying that trying to get a group of people who are all able to put in the time and effort on an Enduro is not always easy thus some teams may join together and result in a decrease in competing cars. Either way you look at it there will be problems and you can't please all the campers all the time!

With regards to decisions made at AGMs, then people really need to get a life! If a committee passes the motion and you happenned not to be at the meeting, then TOUGH ****!! The committee needs to stick to its guns better and enforce what are the club rules, an example made of one, may make others take note.

I don't agree with introducing lots of 'club-components' on the grounding that it takes away part of the thrill of the 2cv racing. Ok, so the field ends up split between those who've been doing it for years and those who've only just begun, but at least there would still be a good supply of spare parts... The introduction of the club cam was in my (very humble and non-weight carrying) opinion done very badly, but you live and learn...

This has turned into a rant for which I apologise, but I fell in love with 2cv racing about eight years ago and don't want to see it vanish into thin air over things which could so easily be solved with a little bit of thought and compromise.

Catherine and her wooden spoon
x

PS. And when is the password for the 'members only' bit changing??? It really defeats the point of getting people to pay membership when you don't take the five minutes to change it each year!