Main Menu

Re: Four motions for AGM

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 12:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by patrick on October 04, 2004 at 09:00:44:

In Reply to: Four motions for AGM posted by Martin H on October 03, 2004 at 15:00:42:

Just reading through these proposals leads me to ask a couple of questions...

firstly what is the aim? in one breath you ask for free cams, say that this will be voted down so in essance you ask for it again in the second proposal. then you later ask for closer grids...

so in one breath you offer a lifeline to a cash is king formula then you say ahhh but if you spend the money time and developement it will be penalised!!!! just a quandry....

Then we talk about the 24 hours I agree with the sentiment completly however as long as a bit of common sence is taken. all I see is the race being devalued... I.e. year 1 bigger grid by mybe 5 cars ( not to be sniffed at I agree) but of those 5 we have 3 "genuine" entries ie guys doing it for the fun etc etc and 2 Belgium type entries that are 15 secs a lap quicker than the field..

Year 2 we lose more than has been gained...

the only proposal that makes any sence is the 24 hour one but I think that the comitee should be given carte blanche but any invitees should be penalised heavilly by number of laps if they do not conform to the standard regs.. I.e. make the 24 hours a handicap event if you will.