Main Menu

Re: Re: Four motions for AGM

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 12:00:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Roy on October 04, 2004 at 19:47:11:

In Reply to: Re: Four motions for AGM posted by patrick on October 04, 2004 at 09:00:44:

Some of Martin's wording needs amending (for me anyway) and I will be contacting him.

The purpose of any new changes for me are only concerned with 'bums on seats'- entries are now only one third of the BEST years in the past.

For 2004 a vote was accepted for a 'club' cam which none of us or the technical committee had tried before it was voted on ('ckin ludicrous in hindsight).

The club cam has not produced speeds faster than 2003's other than the super speed of detrition at Snetterton.

The cam produced by 'Mr Citroen' has been used since the series started and never broke a pitfull of engines - good ones can cost nothing out of scrap motors.

The proposal for a free cam (my real wish) is simply to get those sleeping cars back on the track - my own car sleeps on its trailer waiting with its 2003 season cam still fitted - it would have done at least 3 rounds if the engine had not been criminalised by the 2004 regs.

The 2004 cam has produced an engine which requires considerably stiffer valve springs (at the very least) to stop its self-destruction, it has been ground pencil-thin with little ramp.

The club cam should have been (now it is too late to re-spec that) a gentle change from the orignal, very simply correcting an apparent phasing problem - not the most vicious grind possible - which is what we got.

For 2005 we either get 'bums on seats' or retire & remember the good times.