Main Menu

Re: Re: Re: Increasing Active Members

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 12:08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Catherine on October 13, 2004 at 18:41:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Increasing Active Members posted by Terry Collier on October 12, 2004 at 15:29:52:

Point taken.

This is the first I've heard of any of the testing of the cam prior to implementation so I'm glad someone has finally corrected me on this point. In fact always happy to be corrected any time I'm wrong which is nearly always anyway!

Question - if the ign. timing is so sensitive is it worth publishing the timing limits in the regs (maybe they are, don't know, er, haven't read the regs, but then not currently active in the racing dept so that is my flimsy excuse) this would at least give ammo to the committee in the form of 'didn't one read ones regs?'

On the count of utilising second hand parts I think you've been a bit harsh on two counts. One not everyone has the knowledge (which I think everyone admits to be short in some areas of know how). Secondly if we are to shell out for new parts every time a component changes/breaks then the idea of this being 'big thrills, small bills' goes clean out the window and this slogan should get ditched! Not every team can afford to pay out in this area and have to make do, perhaps this is ignorance, perhaps this is prudence, who knows, but I don't think its fair to judge the way others operate their set up. Please note this is my opinion and I'll happily be told where to p*** off to if you (or anyone else) thinks I'm talking rollox!

Smiley faces people we're supposed to be having fun!

Catherine