Main Menu

Race dates and locations

Started by Yvette Asscher (2CVTV), December 05, 2004, 00:13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvette Asscher (2CVTV)

I would be grateful if anyone could provide best guesses of dates (and if possible locations) for 2CV Racing Club meetings in 2005.

I understand that these are not expected to be finalised immediately, but it would be very helpful to have some idea to help us plan next year so that we can get to as many meetings as possible.

Best wishes, Yvette Asscher

Dick Roberts

Hello

I believe that the 24 Hour Race will be on 25-26th June 2005 (unconfirmed) but it might not be at Snetterton.

Best wishes from Dick Roberts

philip myatt

It currently looks like we could be at Snetterton on the 28/29th May. We are awaiting confirmation from BARC.

Trevor Williams

All,
I have just received the DRAFT dates for the 2005 championship. I will be looking at them this week and will post them after consulting with BARC.

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Trevor Williams

As Phil has stated above, the proposed date of the 24 Hour race is over the late Spring Bank Holiday weeken of 28/29/30 May 2005.

At the moment the race is pencilled in as Start on Sunday 29 May and Finish on Monday 30 May

Cheers

Trevor

Dick Roberts

From a 2CVists point of view the 'new' date is unfortunate as it overlaps the UK 2CV London to Brighton and the biggest meeting in Holland, the Waggel.

Hopefully being a bank holiday weekend there is a potentially large general public audience.

Matt Riley

Trevor - do you know when the 24 hour date will be fully confirmed? I'm chatting with potential drivers who'd like to drive with us next year and want to let them know the date as soon as I can.

Many thanks,
Matt

Trevor Williams

Matt,
All dates are provisional until ratified by the MSA, however the Snetterton date is probably more cast in stone than all the others
Cheers
Trevor

Dick Roberts

Quote from: "Trevor Williams"[/b]All, Please see the DRAFT race schedule for 2005. ALL dates are subject to change until ratified by MSA, so do not book your holidays based on this info.
9th April 2005 - Oulton - Sprint Race
22nd May 2005 - Mallory - Sprint Race
11th & 12th June 2005 - Pembrey - Sprint & Enduro
17th July 2005 - Cadwell - Sprint
31st July 2005 - Donington - Sprint Race
13th & 14th August 2005 - Croft - Sprint & Enduro
17th September 2005 - Lydden - Sprint
1st October 2005 - Silverstone - Sprint & Enduro

29th & 30th May 2005 - Snetterton - Non-Championship 24 Hour Race

PLEASE NOTE: The dates for Mallory and Pembrey are VERY LIKELY to change as we have pointed out to BARC that they are too close to the 24 hour race.

Cheers

Trevor

Derek Harnett

Beware - Rant starts .........

Disaster!!

There was I hoping the move away from Snetterton would happen this year for a number of reasons:
- alternative would be cheaper (perhaps significantly)
- alternative would be a much easier trek than Snetterton (for us at least!)
- alternative would have been a much much much more interesting circuit to drive.

I was really counting on Snetterton sticking to their higher costs and forcing a move ....

Now I see it may be on Sunday/Monday of the bank holiday weekend.  Small probelm for us with that idea is that it isn't a bank holiday in Ireland.  Last year at least half our crew flew in to Stansted on Friday night and home again Sunday night as they either couldn't spare the holidays or were so busy at work couldn't afford to take any.  The Sunday/Monday idea could costs us a good part of our crew. Doh!!!

While I'm at it ..... any news on where the costs issue of the race worked out?  Are we still looking at the one third increase that was suggested at the agm?

Oh - and if we're being pushed into Sunday/Monday is there something else running on the Saturday and what does than mean for testing etc?

Rant ends .......

Trevor Williams

Pembrey in 2005 was always going to be a long shot. Planning permission etc would need to be gained for it to happen for a start. We are however continuing to try and persuade BARC that Pembrey from 2006 is the way to go with the race.

Snetterton gave us what could be described as an ultimatum over the date of the race, and BARC have managed to get us this date.

The weekend as it stands includes Caterhams, Classic FF1600 & 2000 and a non-championship series called the Super tourer someting.

Both the Caterhams and FF's will probably qualify saturday and race saturday and sunday morning though the format / timetable has not been decided yet.

The benefit of these two championships is that they historically have large grids, which should help in making the event viable.

Cheers
Trevor

Myles Packman

Hi - appreciate I'm a newbie here, but we are looking at doing the 24hr race this year. May bank holiday w/e looks great, please don't clash it with Le Mans...!!

Pete Sparrow

Welcome aboard Miles.
Please feel to ask questions if you have a car or are looking to buy one.
We'll be as helpful as possible.
Regards.
Pete.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)