Main Menu

Team Fine Print

Started by Martin Harrold, January 17, 2005, 20:45:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

Dear all,

You may have seen an advert for :lol: our car and truck in Autosport. Yep, the truck has been sold, to another member, and we are getting enquiries for the car, so we hope it will be on the grid in '05.
 And, the team will still be around, but not quite in the same formal way. Annual medical permitting, I'm going to share a car with Alan Glide at selected meetings. The team name 'Grumpy Old Men' has a nice ring to it. Some may know that Dicky is having some remedial surgery on his hands which may put him out of action for a few months. He'll still be around to 'encourage' us. Pat will be there, teapot and corkscrew in hand. Andy won't be too far way either, but with no cab to sleep in, I guess he'll be helping me charm the B&B landladies.
 We all still enjoy going 2CV racing. Pembrey, despite the rain, was most enjoyable. For me it was the first meeting I'd been to for two years where I was not weighed down with hassles of the 24hr. It was just great, getting out on the track for fun.
 Trev - despite our occasional differences, I think that anyone who takes on the job of Chairman deserves the support of everyone.
 I'm sorry that I could not help with getting a stand sorted for the club at the recent racing car show. Pressures of work at this time of year are now just too great.
 We do hope to be running at least one car in the 24hr, maybe a second. Still lots of interest from overseas drivers. We hope to have Jez Clark out again - that boy is very quick. We are trying to get him on the list for a drive in the Autosport Carrera Cup Porsche. Send your message of support to edd.straw@haynet,.com.
 And we are all off to Le Mans this year, for the first time in five years. Camping places seem to be almost sold out already, so at the moment. we'll be up on the site near the Porsche Curves.
 So, that's the news from Team Fine Print. We've been enjoying it for five years and hopefully will do for a few more years yet.
Best wishes, Martin
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982