Main Menu

Mallory Park

Started by Matthew Hollis, March 30, 2005, 12:17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Hollis

Hello all,

I've probably missed a really important message or something, but does anybody know what the situation is with Mallory Park?  My registration pack contains an entry form for it, but there isn't a 2cv race to enter!  I spoke with Nicola Bush at BARC yesterday who said Mallory was cancelled, but didn't know if there was a replacement round.

Just to confuse the situation more, I noticed in the last edition of the BARC Startline magazine that we are down as racing at Donington on April 24th.  Does anybody know what is actually happening?

Andy Craig-Smith

See posting titled DROPPED ROUND under this topic.

Andy
Rocket Dog Racing

Christine Savage

I have just had confirmation from Paul that Mallory has indeed been cancelled.  

The championship dates are now:-
Oulton park 9th April
Pembrey 11-12th June (plus an enduro race)
Cadwell park 17th Jul
Donington Park 31st Jul
Croft 13-14 Aug (plus an enduro race)
Lydden 17th Sep
Silverstone 1st Oct (plus an enduro race)

This means that our championship is now a 7 round series, with a driver's 6 best scores to count.

There is a possibility that Mallory may be rescheduled for later in the year which, of course will take us back up to an 8 round championship.  We'll let everyone know as soon as we know.

There is also, obviously, the 24Hr at Snetterton on May 28th-30th which counts as a round of the enduro cup.

I'll be typing this up later today in a format that Dick can publish somewhere more obvious on the website for everyone to see.

:-)

Christine