Main Menu

General Discussion Forum??

Started by Christine Savage, April 05, 2005, 11:31:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Christine Savage

I have tried to post a note in the general forum, it seemed to go OK at the time and I was able to check my message but now there is nothing there.  Any ieads?

:-)

Christine

Dick Roberts

Christine

THe old noticeboard had no discipline.  People could give themselves funny names and title their messages any way they wished.  THis was very amusing unless you were seriously interested in following a topic.

I have ensured that contributors use their real names and that information is grouped into meaningful topics.

If you would like to see your postings click on 'Memberlist' choose your name and click 'show all postings'.  

Best wishes

Christine Savage

I've just tried to follow your instructions and the post is defintly not there: it has dissappeared into the ether.

Rather than leave the general discussion forum link at the top of the forum index page with "no posts" against it, if we're not allowed to post on it, can we delete it please?

Thanks

Christine

Dick Roberts

Quote from: "Christine Thompson"I've just tried to follow your instructions and the post is defintly not there: it has dissappeared into the ether.

Rather than leave the general discussion forum link at the top of the forum index page with "no posts" against it, if we're not allowed to post on it, can we delete it please?

Thanks

Christine
No, it has not disappeared. it was moved int the most appropriate topic namely 'The 2CV Racing Club Forum Index -> Race Dates and Locations'

The topic 'general discussion' is for general discussion and will not be removed.  If people post items into incorrect topic areas the items will be moved to help those expecting to find items in logical groupings to scan material successfully.

Dick Roberts.

Christine Savage

Actually, because it had dissappeared, I reposted it in the race dates forum myself.

Dick Roberts

Quote from: "Christine Thompson"Actually, because it had dissappeared, I reposted it in the race dates forum myself.

Actually it is there (twice) in the other instance that you couldn't find at   The 2CV Racing Club Forum Index -> 2CVRC Facilities

I didn't know you had copied it too as you didn't say you had nor quote the message itself.

As I pointed out earlier you can check on all your posts by looking up your name in the member list and then reading all your post headings from 'see all posts'

I hope that this helps.