Main Menu

Frday testing /garages

Started by Paul Robertson, April 07, 2005, 17:54:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

Ihave spoken to jamie hopper at snet about friday testing and he has agreed to : Full day (4 x 50 minute sessions) car & 3 drivers  £200.00
                Half day (2 x 50 minute sessions) car & 3 drivers  £135.00
                Additional drivers £65.00
                Garages £65.00

For those people who do not test or pay for their garage for friday they will not be able to gain access until 6 pm on friday evening.
At the moment snetterton have lemans series testing on on the tuesday morning and therefore want us to clear the garages and the area behind on monday evening. If they dont have many cars booked by the time we arrive we may be able to negotiate terms to stay in some of them until tuesday morning.

Paul

Derek Harnett

Paul, was there any discussion on testing Friday evening?

The last two years the circuit provided about two hours testing on Friday evening for all race entrants as part of the circuit hire, as far as I can recall.  

It would save us a day on the trip if this were available, as we'd most likely travel daytime Friday to arrive for the test.  Other wise we'll have to take Thursday as well and use a half day test Friday.  

Given the distance we're travelling from we won't be home until very late Tuesday and we'd like to keep the duration of the trip as short as possible.  Not to mention a few quid saved in test fees!

Martin Harrold

Paul - it may be age, or it may be because I've missed something somewhere. Can you tell me:

- will there be any free testing, as we have had before ?
- when is day time practice ?
- whenh is night-time practice ?

Our entry is on it's way. We shall be running the Frome 2CV Centre car under the 'Team Fine Print racing with Speed Chills' banner.

Dicky built up a special engine for us before his arm op. He had that last week and will now be in plaster for 6 - 8 weeks. He is in good spirits.

Team drivers will be:
Spencer Trenery, hot shot sports racing driver son of Bruce Trenery from USA who drove with us last year and is in Christians' car this year
Either Edd Straw of Autosport or Jeremy Clark. Both were with us last year. For interest, Jeremy is driving the 'Porsche Cars with Team Autosport' VIP car in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB round at the BTCC meeting at Snet in August. We were up at Dony taking a look on Sunday - it is a very fast car !
Oh - and me. Yep - I passed the medical yet again.

Speed Chills are the people running a bar / restaurant members only club at Beausejour at Le Mans. For more info, contact: [email protected]

Ta. Martin H :roll:  :lol:  :roll:  :lol:
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Paul Robertson

Phil andI are meeting Barc tomorrow to finalise the timetable as for free practice that loos unlikley as we are not racing until sunday however testing is now £200 per team and £65 per garage with 2cv'S inthere own session.
Paul