Main Menu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 00:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin Harrold on April 28, 2003 at 15:39:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over posted by geoff on April 28, 2003 at 10:51:20:

Cams ??

Don't worry. At Snetterton there will be loads of time both before and after the race and, we are told, 10 scrutineers. There is an accurate weighbridge and lots of workshop space.

So, I suspect that Ian Watson and Chris Kellegher will be wanting to ensure that everything on every car is fair and square.

Maybe an answer is that we ask an independent person to go and buy 46 Citroen cams (we now have very good contacts at Citroen UK) and these are issued at random as cars arrive. Then, under scrutineer supervison, they are fitted into the engines, which will then be sealed. That would then mean that all cars complied with the spirit of the rules (which is actually what is important)

This would probably level the playing field for a lot of cars.

Anyone wanting to fit a second engine with any other cam would be penalised by the engine change time during the race. If an engine had been changed during the race and the car still finished high up, then that engine could be dismantled and checked for a bog standard cam.

This saves the cost of having an independent engineer checking all the high finishers.

I doubt anyone will agree with me, but, there you go.

Martin Harrold