Main Menu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 00:55:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by pete(soon to be x champ) on April 29, 2003 at 00:14:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over posted by Webmaster on April 28, 2003 at 20:09:26:

I'mmm,didn't see this coming.....
My memory is bad but I seem to recall proposing sealed crankcases and club cams at last years AGM,I know there are issues for and against this idea but if no one bothers to look at engines etc.because our regs are not clearly defined and decissions can then be over turned then surely for the longevity of the club we need to act.
I came away from Oulton with rather a bad taste in my mouth,i'm sure there were other people who felt the same,lots of rumours about this and that,there wasn't the normal atmosphere.As Geoff correctly points out,I think that cheating will start to creep in if the faster cars are not shown to be legal,and that includes anything that I drive,its has happened before on more than one occassion,I can't understand why lessons have not been learnt from this.
I do want to make the point that Gary is a top driver and deserves to win races but I feel that he would probably admit that it wasn't that exciting,not to watch or to drive.(not at the front anyway,i stand to be corrected Gary),we all go to race,lets see some racing.
Please feel free to pick me up on any part of this that you don't agree with.