Main Menu

Silverstone

Started by Derek Coghill, September 09, 2005, 01:28:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Coghill

Is there a combined entry fee for the two races (sprint and enduro), or is it the sum of the two prices on the entry form?

Andy Craig-Smith

Yes,
If you look on the entry form, the first line below the race lists / fee states:-

Competitors entering two separate events listed above (with the same car) will be charged £100.00 for the second or lower priced entry.

This is on all enrty forms !!!!

So the Endro is £360 + Sprint £100 = £460 for both races. Ouch ! :shock:
Rocket Dog Racing

Derek Coghill

I'd better phone on Monday and ask for a partial refund then. Thanks Andy.

Matthew Hollis

For those people who have entered all sprint races this year you can get more discounts.

The BARC loyalty scheme offers £165 off the sprint race (there should have been a form in with your entry pack when you registered for the championship).

Then you've got the second race discount.  I've tried to work out the maths and it doesn't make sense, but Richard rang the BARC and they said take £100 off the remaining costs.  That means £20 off the sprint, making that free, and £80 off the enduro, making that £280 (Total cost for sprint + enduro = £280).  Ultimately they said just enter and they'll sort the fees out later!

The morale of this story - don't let the BARC take more money than they should! :wink:

Richard hollis

Yeah might have got that wrong. Try these sums i think they add up now!

I spoke to the BARC and they said if you have done all the rounds you are entitled to the £165 loyalty bonus making the sprint £20 at silverstone. However because the sprint is the lower priced race and the entry form states that this should be £100 (if doing the enduro in the same car) you are entitled to an £85 pound saving. Therefore knock this off the remaining entrance fee eg. £360 + £20 - £85 = £295. Crystal clear. Richard

Derek Coghill

I haven't done enough races to get the loyalty bonus. I did, however, get the entry list in the post today - there must be more than six cars entered?

Trevor Williams

At the moment we have 18 cars entered for the sprint races at Silverstone, with a couple more for the enduro.

PLEASE if you have only entered the enduro can you consider doing the sprint as well, it will only cost you £100 if you have entered the enduro.

It would REALLY help the club with average grid numbers if we could get 20 or more entries for the sprint

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Francis Rottenburg

Does Silverstone have a noise limit?  I was very noisey at Oulton but was allowed out and have not change the silencer yet (nor done any racing in the car for that matter....)

Chris Yates

Why not enter anyway Francis? I'm sure something can be sorted out on the day if you are too noisy, but I don't think Silverstone have ever been too concerned over noise - they have those noisy overpriced single seaters ever year after all  :D

Francis Rottenburg

Thanks Chris, I ordered a mini silencer anyway and hope it turns up before the weekend.  

Entries for 'stone are up to 24 for Sprint and similar for enduro.

Bob Rice

I've never yet been noise tested at Silverstone, whilst racing (twice already this year) or on track days.

Chris Yates

Well, what a couple of races!

For anyone that didn't see, the Yellow Peril had a bit of a roll. Neil Savage was ok after the accident, but a bit shaken. The car needs a re-shell, and probably a new chassis too.

For a few pictures of the incident unfolding, click here

Dick Roberts

Chris, were you planning to send the pictures in so that they could be shown on the Club's web site?

Simon Leith

Only my second experience of 2cv racing and what another great weekend. Really enjoyed the qualifying and the race and once again the people were fantastic. another great experience.

Chris Yates

Quote from: "Dick Roberts - Webmaster"Chris, were you planning to send the pictures in so that they could be shown on the Club's web site?

They're technically not my pictures to give away, so I shall have to get back to you ;)

Slightly later edit: As long as they're credited to "Maria Cooke" you can grab the ones from the URL above.