Main Menu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 00:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin Harrold on April 29, 2003 at 09:56:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oulton walk-over posted by pete(soon to be x champ) on April 29, 2003 at 00:14:48:

If members wanted to discuss the technical issues and possibly revise the rules, that could be done at an Extraordinairy General Meeting of the club. There is no need to wait until the next AGM. An obvious place to hold that would be at Stowe.
I don't have a consitution to hand, but I imagine that an EGM can be called by a motion raised by a member and seconded by around six other members.
So - here goes:

"I propose that an EGM be held after racing on the Saturday of the Stowe event, with the specific purpose of reviewing the technical specification of the engines".

This now requires, I guess, six members to 'counter sign' it. It would be reasonable to give 14 days notice of an EGM, so if you agree that it should be held, please apppend your name below in the next two days.

If six or more members counter sign it, then the motion can be passed to the Secretary for action. If we don't get six, then we have wait until the end of the season.

At least this way, people will have a chance to openly air their views and suggest specifications and procedures which might help restore the 'spirit' of the rules. It is the spirit of the rules which really matters.

On an informal note, after years of trying, we have the support of Citroen for the 24hr. If that, or any of our races, is clouded by arguments over rules or the way they are interpreted, then you can be sure that they won't stay around. Our series has been famous for close racing at the front and through the field - it is starting to loose that reputation.

Best wishes, Martin H