Main Menu

AGM Feedback

Started by Catherine Noble, December 03, 2005, 16:54:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Noble

When can minutes and results of the AGM be expected through the post?

Although not a full member myself, I know of others who could not attend the meeting and have limited net resources, they would like to know outcomes of proposals and other matters arising.

Catherine

Matthew Hollis

AGM decisions are in the next issue of Snails Pace which has just gone to print.  I assume full minutes will be available from the secretary?

Matt

Catherine Noble

Cheers Matt. Look forward to reading.

Would have thought that the minutes would have to be sent to all Full members at a time determined at said meeting, usual format at AGM's.

Catherine

rod stead

I'd be interested in receiving a copy of Snails Pace.

Only been a memeber for a year & not a copy received - presumably this is normal.

Matthew Hollis

No this is not normal (though you don't seem to be the first one with this problem).  I write Snails Pace and then send it to Paula to be printed.  She prints the copies and posts to the members she has on her list which has been provided by Christine (the club and membership secretary).  I will send an email to Paula to try and ensure you at least get a copy of the latest one - I assume she has not been provided with an up-to-date list? :?

Simon Leith

Matt

Could I also receive a copy please. I would also like some back issues if possible as I haven't received one since I joined before the 24 hour  race!!

Cheers

Simon

Derek Coghill

I was talking to Claudia Baines - who drove with us in the 24hr race this year - recently; she'd joined for the year in the hope of getting more information, results and so on but she, also, has had nothing.

Dick Roberts

What about publishing back issues on the Club's web site?

Simon Leith

Catherine Noble

Yes, good idea, although would need to be for the previous year not the current. Otherwise it would be pointless having associate membership.

You are supposed to recieve all the issues of Snail's Pace for the year you have paid membership for. This means that if you joined in August 2005 you should receive all the issues of Snail's Pace issued since January 2005. Which (if you believe the small print) would mean that as a bi-monthly publication you should receive six copies per year.

On a personal note - think some people need to get better organised ...

Catherine (and her spoon.)

Richard hollis

well if Matthew writes snails pace and i help him and paula sends it out to the members on the list, then surely the fault lies with the list. This is not the first time people have not recieved snails pace and it makes the club look pretty poor. let hope the list can be rectified, its someone's job to do this after all.
Cheers

Bob Rice

I also, have never received a copy of Snails Pace, on a bi monthly basis that will be 3 copies not received.

Why not just E Mail it out? that way you would save on the postage costs!

Paul Robertson

If people had come to the agm they would know the outcome.

Bob Rice

Matthew Hollis

I have already instructed Paula to make sure copies get to Bob and Simon as you previously requested.  I will also try to make sure that Rod and Claudia get a copy by speaking to her again.  I will reiterate that Paula will only send copies to people she knows she needs to send copies to so if she is not provided with an up-to-date list then she will not know.

Bob - emailing copies will not work as not everybody has email, plus the magazine is not written in a format that allows it to be emailed and still be readable.

Dick - back issue available on the website has been thought about and is possible but like Catherine says cannot be from the current year as deafeats the object of being an associate member.  As I have only done SP for one year that is not a viable option at present but perhaps in the future.  I will speak to you about this when I next see you.

Catherine - in an ideal world, Snails Pace would be a bi-monthly publication (i'm not sure what small print you are referring to but i'll take your word for it).  However, I do SP as a voluntary contribution and sometimes it is not possible to be that precise in the timing.  It also needs to fitted around the races - this year have only had 7 meetings which have not been evenly spread, consequently if a magazine was printed every two months some issues would have lots of pages and some not very much at all.

I took over Snails Pace because I felt it needed improving from it's then current state.  I like to think it has been improved but clearly some people think otherwise :evil: