Main Menu

AGM Feedback

Started by Catherine Noble, December 03, 2005, 16:54:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Noble

Snail's Pace content is fine, sorry Matt didn't mean to offend! Have only being on the mailing list for 2 years, so don't have much to go on!!  :oops:

My disgruntlement lies with people not doing what they say they are going to do, such as post copies out to relevent people on lists, then claim it's not their fault and blame other factors.

As an associate member I saw little point in making the jaunt to the AGM this year as I don't get a vote. Although it would have provided an opportunity to hear all said discussion - point taken. However I know of full members who didn't travel to the AGM and are awaiting feedback, these members had work commitments that prevented them from attending. Why have they to wait for Snail's Pace, surely they should have been sent minutes by the secretary as matter of courtesy, shortly after the meeting?

This takes you to the bi-monthly statement, doesn't anyone actually examine their website?! We were all asked to look through it to check for errors or misquotes and so forth!

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/overview/newsletter.htm

Catherine and her spoon

Paul Robertson

Well volunteered catherine ,you can be our website accuracy monitor and report all those things that are wrong with it .

Dick Roberts

Hello

The web page quoted (By Catherine) contains "The 2CV Racing Club has its own newsletter, called 'Snails Pace', published bi-monthly ....
.....Distributed only to Club members, it is full of great articles on the Championship and some of its personalities.
......Become a associated member to receive each copy.
.........Regular features include :-
.............Tech Talk Updates from the technical sub-committee
...................Buy and Sell If you want it or want to get rid of it
............................Trade Adverts Allowing businesses to sponsor an edition
..........Results Page An update of the Championship and Team Championship titles "

This information has been published (and assumed to be the truth) for 2005 when I took over (and before that).

If some people are getting Snail's Pace then the statement is at least partially true.  

What is Catherine suggesting that people should report?

Catherine Noble

Inaccuracies in webpage content should be reported.

When the site took on it's new format users were asked to give feedback on its content I spent time going through it and emailing Dick on where I thought errors lay. They were also reported on the forum, if my memory serves me correctly.

Sadly, I don't know everything (no matter how much I try and convince myself!) so would obviously miss things that longer standing club members would pick-up on.

Should I keep stirring or is now a good time to go back into hiding  :?

Cath

Dick Roberts

"Inaccuracies in webpage content should be reported. "

Yes..... but the web page identified talks about 'Snail's Pace and its contents accurately

If some people did not get copies that doesn't affect the description on the web.

I am sorry I don't know what you are talking about.

Catherine Noble

The web link states that Snail's Pace is issued bimonthly - it's not. The image of the mag could also do with being updated, but that's a minor detail!

(Content of Pace is lacking, which really isn't anyones fault, other than the members of the club for not trying to write a paragraph or two; myself included. Much thanks should be given to Hollis boys for writing good articles given time constraints and lack of input from other people.)

The problem isn't with the content of the web pages, but with people not being sent information by post when they should be.

Matthew Hollis

I'll admit I have never seen that page.  It is quite a bit out of date.  It would probably be better if it read like so:

The 2CV Racing Club has its own newsletter, called 'Snails Pace', published at regular intervals throughout the year.

Distributed only to Club members, it is full of great articles on the Championship and some of its personalities.

Become a associated member to receive each copy.

Features include :-

Detailed race reports from all the latest meetings.

Full results pages, as well as current Championship, Team Championship, Rookie Championship, and Enduro Cup positions.

Latest news and views (including regular contibutions from the Chairman and Club Secretary).

Articles sent in by members of the 2CV Racing Club.

Space for trade adverts or members buying/selling 2CV Racing related items.

Plus much more......

Dick, I'll send you a more up-to-date front cover to put there.

Thanks for pointing that out Catherine :wink:

Matt

pat collier

what a fantastic string of confused waffle... a multitude of mumbles well meant I am sure, but able to caste comments all asunder

Just like the forum of old

Now when can it start on camshafts again????

Catherine Noble

Least it got people talking! Thought it started out with a fairly obvious question though, which I still don't thinks been answered.

Forum's been a bit quiet recently ...  maybe I should rattle things more often ... then again maybe I should go back under my pebble.

Incidentally, the 'who's who' link off the main page isn't working currently, although you can access it via other routes.

Catherine and her spoon.

Richard hollis

if any one else is not recieving snail pace, (or knows of someone who is not recieving snail pace but does not have internet access and therefore can not read this), please declare it here or ring matthew or me as we now know why some people may have been missed off and we will endeavour to get the magazine to those people even though it isn't our job.

We both spend a considerable amount of time writing snail pace (matthew more than me) and we do it for the love of 2cv racing. if snail's pace lacks pace then feel free to contribute. Next year will see an improved turnaround time but now at least the improvements we've made mean its an accurate and hopefully enjoyable read.

PS. wreck to racers feature needs photos and details of cars that were brought back from the dead and transformed into racing cars. email me if you have a suitable case.

Richard Hollis 07881 701099 [email protected]
Matthew Hollis 01858 466004 [email protected]

Nick Roads

On the general subject of membership I joined as an associate member (I think!) in the Autumn but never received an acknowledgement of membership nor a copy of the magazine etc - looks like my cheque was cashed however

as a new entrant for 2006 have to say that the feedback via the website and from other 2cv members for questions has been great so not a problem as such that I have nothing "official" for my membership. It has been good value and will become a full member in 2006 but thought you might appreciate the feedback