Main Menu

Christmas

Started by Catherine Noble, November 06, 2005, 17:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Noble

If you intend getting a race licence in the New Year, what would be a good list for Santa Claus?

C x

rod stead

Low blood pressure, then I'll sail through the medical!

Every year I get the "lose weight/ give up drinking" lecture from the doctor.
Doesn't he realize that I need the weight to balance the car, drink to celebrate & a licence to do it in the first place!

So Santa, blood pressure reducing pills after celebrating your good health please!

Pete Sparrow

Hey Rod
You should have said.
Being the really useful bloke I am I have 'just the medicine the doctor ordered' as they say.As I am a highly strung-stressed-workaholic type of guy I got 'recommended' (take these or you'll have a stroke) these fantastic tablets that not only bring your blood pressure under vein bursting point but serve to cure hang-overs.As a long term sufferer of this afliction it has been very handy.I have used them to great effect over the last 2 years and have got my licence no problem (normally take twice as many as recommended a week before the medical,works a treat) Give me a ring and I'll tell you what they are.
I'm not a doctor but it's got to be worth a shot.
Hope this helps,
see you in casualty soon
Regards
Pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

rod stead

I'll do just that, Pete.

Does this also account for your indecent turn of speed, 'cos if you've got some pills for that, I'll have some of them as well!

And do they make you as slim, handsome & irrisitable to the ladies as you keep telling me you are?

I'll order a lorry load then!

Rod

Pete Sparrow

They make me a compulsive liar as well.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Trevor Williams

Catherine, See the list in the Drivers Matters thred re. Crash Helmets etc. All of those add up to a tidy sum!

Pete / Rod

Please check that the pills you take are not banned by WADA!!! Otherwise read the blurb in your licence renewal pack from the MSA regarding exemptions. I know that what Sarah takes are TOTALLY banned so she would have a great time trying to get a licence (chance would be a fine thing!)

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Catherine Noble

Cheers Trevor!

Hoping to do licence at Knockhill Jan/Feb. Mother's looking for gift ideas!!

Catherine

Catherine Noble

Okay, list looks something like this ...

ARDs pack
Day at Knockhill doing course for licence
Full membership 2cvRC
BARC membership - or can you join SMRC instead?
FIA approved overalls
FIA approved helmet
Gloves
Boots

Missed anything? Let me know as Santa shuts her ears at the end of November this year!!

Then all I have to do is find someone daft enough to let me drive their car!!  :lol:

Catherine