Main Menu

Spa 24 hr 2006

Started by Pete Sparrow, June 03, 2006, 19:24:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

Hello you lovely people.
I have word from the land of chocolate and strong beer that there may be cars and race seats available to uk drivers for this years 2cv 24 hr at Spa.
I have no idea of costs or what class of cars are for rent but expect it to be more expensive than Snet as 9000 rpm visa motors are not cheap and you need a couple......
If people have a  serious interest in going the either mail me at home or reply here and I'll find out what I can.
If you have never been it could be all your christmas's at once,especailly if you get a chance to drive a prototype or BMW engined car. It will be like Snet this year at 2.00 am but faster,wetter and LHD and its like this all day long.
(did I mention I won at Spa? No? how silly of me to forget, the cup is MASSIVE, Tell a lie,I won twice.)
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Catherine Noble

Quote(did I mention I won at Spa? No? how silly of me to forget, the cup is MASSIVE, Tell a lie,I won twice.)

Yes ... but ... doesn't Graham Harper hold the 2cv lap record ...

C x

Derek Coghill

No, that's Zolder.

Catherine Noble

Oh.

Someday I'll actually pay attention and remember the things people say to me!

C x

Marc Fenner

Pete can you email details to Robin and Glenn. They are desprate to get on a spa drive. If not you can email the details. By the way are you still up for getting a beating in the euro rods  :lol:

Pete Sparrow

'A beating'
yes i'll be there,just waiting for Glen to say when
I will e-mail the details over to you. It's an english mate of mine that is working with the Belgians,they are very keen to get english teams to go across and race. Derek tells me that there are quite a few cars for sale too. (on the Belgian site)
He may be able to post it on here.
regards
Pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Francis Rottenburg

It is a while ago and I am probably out of date but Mike Cooper bought a Belgian car a few years ago.  He (unlikely) may still have it.  It is somewhat evocative: 100 bhp, a 2cv going down the hill and then up again to Eau Rouge in the lashing rain!  So who needs to live forever??

Matthew Hollis

I'm pretty sure he sold it on to Wayne Cowling - no idea what's happened to it now.

Derek Coghill

The Belgian club's site is at:-

http://2cvracingclub.skynetblogs.be

There's a for sale/wanted/drives available/drives wanted page; look also in the small blog window near the top right of the page, there's all sorts of stuff in there too. Helps if your French is up to scratch though.

I can probably help with translations (up to a point).

The car for 75 euros has gone, by the way.

Dick Roberts

Hello

Derek's translation would be the best but if he's not available then http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en will translate web pages or text that is pasted into it.

The thing with all translation, and particulaly french, is the meaning of technical terms and vernacular expressions.

I hope that this helps though.

Catherine Noble

QuoteThe car for 75 euros has gone, by the way.

Mmmm ... I wonder where it went ... ;)

C x