Main Menu

Anglesey 2006?

Started by Catherine Noble, June 10, 2006, 10:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cowell

Hmmmm,........did send you a txt this morning...I CAN COME AND PLAY!!!!!   :lol: have found someone to go with the missis
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Trevor Williams

So far entries for anglesey sprint race are SEVEN, and the Enduro Race TWELVE!!!!!!

This is Pi** Poor in the least

If we don't get near to full grids at these races we WILL NOT be going back there!!!!

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Bob Rice

Hardly suprising really Trevor, I've been trying to get an answer ref the weekend program of events, to try and avoid spending two days there. Potentially I could be offered work for the saturday which I would hate to turn down if we aren't - as I expect racing on the Saturday. The feedback, including unanswered e mails to the organisers, is appalling.

I certainly won't be looking to return there!

Catherine Noble

Well looks like I won't be at Anglesey now as I can't get the Friday off work ... not enough notice. :( :(

Will try on the Sat to get there but no guarantees.

In Cambridgeshire this weekend for 2cvGB Registers Day ... maybe see some of you there? I'm the one in the irn-bru coloured Dyane ... no, I'm not kidding!

C x

Ben Allan

Like Bob, I'm pushing hard to bend my life around the racing but I've still got no idea when the sprint is.  If we're 1st or 2nd in the afternoon, all is fine for me.  If we're last then I can't come but I might be able to get a replacement for my car.

So any news?

Ben

Catherine Noble

This trying to find out what times things are on at seems to be a huge problem for this weekend!

Is this the fault of the circuit or BARC, as I get the general impression the club itself has limited say in how and when things are run once a date and venue is decided ... or am I wrong as usual?

Is there someone we should all be phoning to say "Hi, can you tell me when such and such is" to get them to act quicker in future?

Just wondering, seeing that info for the other events thus far this year, has been available at least a fortnight ahead of the racing weekend (even if changes occur the week of!) This seems odd (to me any way) that times are still vague (even though we seem to know days now!) three days ahead of the event!

Sorry, essay finished!

C x

Bob Rice

Hi Ben,

the details I now have for 2CV's for the weekend as follows -
Saturday.

New Driver Meeting 09:30 or 10:30
Sign on                10:50
Scrutineering        11:00 - 11:20
Practice                12:00 - 12:15
SPRINT Race         estimate approx 16:30

Sunday

New Driver Meeting 09:30 (nicely planned considering our sign on and Scrutineering times! - sorry, I must try harder not to be cynical!!!)
Sign on                09:20
Scrutineering        09:30 - 09:45
Practice                10:10 - 10:30
General Practice    10:35 - 10:45
ENDURO Race       12:55 (this has to finish in time for Church Service at 14:00!!!!)

So, if like me you can only spare 1 day, you have to choose btwn Sprint or Enduro!,

I hope this helps

Bob Rice

BTW, Silverstone timetable here -

http://www.barc.net/competitors/race_timetables/hq0629x-01.php

so I guess it must just be the NW Center that struggle with timetables

Catherine Noble

Thankyou Bob! Much appreciated!!

:)

C x

Catherine Noble

Bah, technology, posted twice ... sorry!

Ben Allan

Thanks Bob and to Trev who also clarified by Phone.

Unfortunetaly because of the times, I can't make it but the trusty steed will be there this weekend being piloted by the venerable Jamie Lister.

Beware of the flying scotsman!

Ben

Christine Savage

The bad news...

Unfortunatly I won't be racing at Anglesey as I am too skint - unless anyone can come with approx £500 for me before midnight tonight so that I can get a late entry in, buy some petrol, stick some diesel in the van etc. etc. - I am really not happy about this as I love Anglesey circuit: it suits our cars really well and always lands up being a good race.

The good news...

I'd like to come along anyway (Sat and Sun) so if anyone has a pair of spare tickets that they could send my way then I'd be really grateful to recieve them.  I am happy to do a bit of pit boarding (co driving for the enduro???) if anyone needs a hand.

:-)

Christine

P.S.  if anyone has tried to e-mail me during the  last 10 days you'll know that my e-mail has not been working, it is now up and running so I am contactable on [email protected]

Christine Savage

Bug thanks to Bob Rice for sending me a pair of tickets that arrived this morning.

See you all there.

:-)

Christine

Catherine Noble

Fabulous weekend! Many thanks to all (especially Christine Challenger for the wee drive of the racer, I'll be smiling for weeks! ;) )

Probably the best Enduro race I've watched this year, loads of action throughout the field for the whole race, well worth the trip! My first time at Anglesey (second time in Wales ... does it count as Wales?!) and an incredible circuit with regards location and atmosphere.

See you all at Silverstone!

C x