Main Menu

24hr dvd

Started by Marc Fenner, June 13, 2006, 18:55:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Rottenburg

Watched it yesterday.  Fantastic job, well done to all concerned, particularly Simon.  I wonder how it would be possible to get across the sphincter tightening moment you get in the wet at night going round Coram when the back of the car gradually starts to move away and there's a car on the outside of you....  I thought the interviewer did all right in trying to find out the defining moment from people - she certainly looked a lot nicer than Geoff in his gear!

I read Damon Hill's comments in the January edition of Motorsport - how it took him two days to come down after a GP.  The DVD recreated a little bit of the "superman" type of feeling that doing the 24 gives you so thank you to all who created it.

Catherine Noble

DVD arrived, finally got space in the front room to watch it yesterday, fabulous! I have only one observation ... it would have been nice to hear the cars start the race rather than the music ... it's the bit I live for. Interviewer (despite her lack of knowledge) did a good job. Hope a similar package can be obtained at the next 24hr as this was worth waiting for!!

Are there any thoughts on inviting 2cvGB to camp at the event? There is interest over there ...

C x

Pete Sparrow

Catherine
its in the 2CVGB mag. as organised by the John Noakes Fan Club (Geoff)
its an official event no less!
all welcome - even Dollies.....
and Dyanes  :shock:
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Catherine Noble

Date for the race or an official camp?! I'm a slow reader and Dyanes rool!!!

:P

C x

Simon Leith

Tickets for the race and for camping will (hopefully) be exclusively bought through Pistonheads and Pistonfest. TBC this week.

Pete Sparrow

offical camp as far as i know.
Reading this months magazine i believe they are trying not to organise anything that may clash with the 24hr which is good news
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Simon Crook

Whats going to happen now that Pistonheads has been bought by the Haymarket Group?
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Simon Leith

I have had a lengthy (to say the least) meeting with Haymarket today. I have known about the acquisition for several months and have plotted carefully the development of this event with Ted and today with haymarket. Suffice to say the event will be MUCH bigger and better with FULL support from the Haymarket group right from the top. I will probably confirm details on Saturday night if I am allowed to ahve the mike for a while. I promise not to sing!

Happy days!

Simon

Gary Adnitt

Oh my God, the thought of giving you a microphone with a possible 70 hecklers my wife has got to see, I may even bring her!

GBA
It's great being me, but it's even better being her!
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.