Main Menu

ARE WE RACING NEXT YEAR?ITS UP TO YOU

Started by Paul Robertson, July 11, 2006, 17:30:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

Lets hope we get more entries for silverstone and mallory than we have had for cadwell and anglesey .The warning from the barc at anglesey is that they are most unlikely to keep the championship going with the numbers we have been getting .

Derek Coghill

I've just filled in the entry form for Silverstone (both races); I couldn't afford to go to Anglesey. There was a good turn-out at Silverstone last year - hope for more of the same.

Catherine Noble

I think the BARC have a bit of a cheek to warn about numbers at Anglesey after they failed to be able to provide any information regarding times until the week of the event!

This goes against earlier events this calander which have had suitable provisional information published often a month in advance.

The commentators (apart from when club members have managed to be in the box) has been appalling. They're derisory comments and have assed attempt at commentating is not selling the club either. Whom should complaints regarding this be made? I know a complaint was lodged at Anglesey, though this did little good.

Sorry, rant over!

C x

Pete Sparrow

I think Catherine is right about the comentating - not just at Anglesey either.
we obviously are a group of people with a sense of humour otherwise why would we race 2cv's but at the end of the day any negative comments can not do us any good with either the public or other competitors. Why would any one want to race a 2cv if they will have the piss taken out of the at the circuit? we have a hard eneough job away from it. With falling numbers it is even more of an issue.
I think the club should write to Anglesey and BARC as this is a common thing and say enough is enough. Please don't say anything if it's not constructive or positive.
What do we think?
:evil:
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Simon Crook

So I have a just bought a 2cv with a whole heap of spares just to look at next year :?:

As Anglesey was the first time that I had seen the 2cv's in action (apart from the hours of video that Mr Sparrow lent me :shock: ) I thought the sprint race was good to watch, great close racing in a very wet situation and at the time thought the comentary was just dreadfull, especially when THAT IDIOT WITH THE MICROPHONE SAID "If you think this is exciting you should see the hour race"

I am looking forward to racing with you all next year, the reason I chose a formula that I know very little about is:

Race at some great tracks

Race with a limited budget

And above all have some fun
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Christian Callander

after Anglessey and near success at Cadwell I'm doing S'stone and Mallory.

The baby may need to wait for tatoos, nose piercing, and Ingerland strip.

In the meantime - if you've got a car grab a friend and get out there. I'm enjoying my racing more than I have in ages 'cos the club is back to where it was. Friends meeting up, competing and sharing the experience.

The marshalls who helped me out of the tyre barrier said to me when I bumped into them at church break that they were l;ooking for a car to buy. I will follow up on that one.

Christian Callander

A further point is that when folk who own cars share, it reduces the number of car available to race. This is the risk of 2 driver races.

Graham and I wouln't be out if didn't share. However, we could make the spare car pay for our racing by renting out. Which is what I think we'll need to do next year.

So if you've got a car spare and you're sharing. Why not rent out? It could subsidise your racing. We do it at 24hr why not more often?

rod stead

Sounds like BARC are talking b*ll*cks again!

They're doing a great job of destroying championships at the moment.
I race in another BARC series & have seen grid sizes for other series much smaller than ours.

With a slightly different timetable, many of us would do more rounds.
And it applies to other BARC-run championships as well - I can only manage 3 rounds (out of 12) in their FF2000 series & 1 for 2CV's, whereas I can manage 5 rounds at Lydden & 2 Monoposto.

BARC should help to promote what we do, not threaten to destroy it.
Write to them & tell 'em!

We should also get a series commentator - I nominate Pete Sparrow to hang up his helmet in favour of a microphone!
An AGM topic, perhaps?

Catherine Noble

QuoteWe should also get a series commentator - I nominate Pete Sparrow to hang up his helmet in favour of a microphone!

Oooohhh, I'll second that! ;)

C x

Matthew Hollis

I'm pretty sure that Richard John Neil (series commentator for Legends) offered to do it a few years ago, but obviously he wouldn't be able to do both if their in different places at the same time.  Also, I could have totally imagined this, got the wrong end of the stick, wasn't listening etc.  :?

Marc Fenner

He is a great guy and all in favour for 2CV racing. Glenn Burtenshaw is friends with him so might be worth talking to glenn about it.
Can we get some club members together for the next few races to comentate? I might be up for it. I can talk all day.  Cathrine talks for Scotland!

Catherine Noble

:P

Lies! I'm quiet and sweet and innocent! ;)

C x

Gary Adnitt

I'm all in favour of Pete commentating, he should start now and not do anymore rounds this year.

GBA  :D
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Richard hollis

Richard john neil was very interested in commentating for 2cv racing as he's a big fan. This year i think a lot of rounds clashed with the legends, but may be if next year they don't we should employ him. Legends and MX5's also employ series promoters. Both these championship do well for grids. I know it costs money to employ commentators and promoters but i was under the impression the 2cv club had some healthy funds. Everyone keeps saying about not enough cars are out, but actually should we ask where are our new members, only simon leigh constantly this by my recogning and many have not rejoined so of course we've got small grids. Lets have a promoter to work along side the excellent work that dick does and commentor to inform everyone how great 2cv racing really is.

Dick Roberts

Richard - thanks for your very kind comments.

In reply I would personally love to be the commentator - I did 12 years with the BBC and microphones and cameras are in my blood.

Sad thing is, although there is an excellent view of the race from the commentary box, it is impossible to commentate and photograph at the same time.

Getting a good commentary is a large part of the racing experience for the spectators and I believe it is very important for the club.  I hope the club can encourage someone to take over from the sad people who have done it recently with no understanding or enthusiasm.

All the members of the club who have commentated have done an excellent job and Ainsley has compiled an excellent information pack.

Go on - have a go!