Main Menu

ARE WE RACING NEXT YEAR?ITS UP TO YOU

Started by Paul Robertson, July 11, 2006, 17:30:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Noble

Please don't take the fun out of it by not letting people build their own engines. Part of the joy of (for me anyway) of 2cv racing is being able to build the engine up then drive (ok so this isn't on the track yet but ... )

C x

Steve Cowell

Andrew....................good points very well made
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Francis Rottenburg

Trev, just think, you could have two engines then!

As to the comments about the package and swapping cars, yes all of it true but... you can get any number of stories both at Snetterton and at Mallory of a number of cars being very quick in a straight line.  I hear what you say and there is certainly an element of corner speed and driver skill (you don't know how much that cost...) giving you a higher corner exit speed but anyone who has driven out there will tell you about the speed differentials on the straight.  You can hop into the draught of some cars and stay there and you can pop into others and they simply drive away.  

Why do we have conversations about depositing metal in the heads to give a better gas flow?  Or the various ways of using the "supercharger"?Why do we hear about cam timing and lightened this and lightened that and so on?  Well it's 'cos those guys want to win - which is fine - but is that what the majority of the club wants?  I doubt it but I am often wrong (or so the domestic goddess tells me frequently).

All this is prompted by the wonderful racing I saw at Mallory.  Good on every one of you.  I thought Christian was playing crafty but it turned out that the old fox had it covered all the way.  Damn that Pete's good!!  Well done.

rod stead

I'm with Andrew.

We took our 2005 car, fitted one of Mr Robertson's demon engines & promptly went 6 seconds slower with our hot-shoe driver!

Driver forgot to mention he'd hit the kerbs, done some farming around the circuit & sh*gged the steering!

Engine's help - and Paul's engine was actually really good - but without the total package working, there's less chance of being competitive.

So, by the time we've sorted out the steering & worked out why we're 50kg overweight .................. total package, as Andrew says, is what is required to be competitive.