Main Menu

Silverstone 2006 Possible Date And Venue Change or Cancel

Started by Trevor Williams, July 19, 2006, 09:45:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

All
Just had Dale Welss from BARC on the phone. They are very possibly going to have to cancel the Silverstone meeting on 5th August due to not being able to get hold of enough marshalls or a rescue team to cover the meeting. This is because the meeting falls between the Walter Hayes meeting and the GP Masters, and the marshalls understandably would like to have some outside life!

There is the possibility of rescheduling the races at Snetterton on 8th October 2006, and Dale will probably decide on this on Monday 24th July.

Please let me know if you would like to reschedule or would not mind if the races were cancelled

Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Catherine Noble

Nick Grant

It will be a real disappointment if Silverstone is cancelled. It's our (Paul Taylor's & mine) local circuit and we are planning to "host" family & friends to make a real day of it, but I don't expect that will sway the decision.

I'd vote for postponement rather than cancellation (it would only be my fourth race so I am still keen to get out there).

Ben Allan

As we've gone for the fewer but longer races this year, it would be a shame to miss such a significant race.  If we can't do Silverstone then I vote for another sprint & enduro combo.

Ben

Matthew Hollis

We will definitely need something to replace it or else there will only be one more race in the championship (does that make Sparrow champion already? :roll: ).

Seeing as our biggest grid in recent years (excluding the 24hrs) was at Silverstone last year (27 cars) it would be foolish not to race there at some point, as judging from what people have been saying it looks as though we could have had another big turnout.  We had entered all 3 of our cars if you want to know.

Derek Coghill

Postpone rather than cancel - another option could be to see if there's room at the season-end truck meeting at Donington? That was always good fun.

Terry Scannell

Quote from: "Trevor Williams"
There is the possibility of rescheduling the races at Snetterton on 8th October 2006, and Dale will probably decide on this on Monday 24th July.

Now that would certainly be welcomed by all of us at Snet, it would be great to see you all back again in October - hope it can be sorted and agreed by Dale. :D

Terry

Trevor Williams

I have just spoken with Dale at BARC to see what the possibilities of getting on their 30th September race at Silverstone or increasing our race possibilities at Mallory were

Unfortunately, the Silverstone date is full and there is not enough time at Mallory.

So it is Snetterton in October or nothing.

At the moment it is 50/50 for either option

More later

Trevor

Catherine Noble

I vote Snetterton then! (Yes I know it doesn't count for much!)

C x

Richard hollis

we must race somewhere or else the championship is pointless and practically settled. Snet is great for the 24hr but in a sprint race it would get spread out by lap 1. Silverstone would definately be the biggest grid (29 cars last year) it amazing that the barc can't make it happen. if it is cancelled is there really nothing else we can fit in with? I remember racing in november before when we had 11 rounds a year. This is frustrating because someone takes enough of our money, all we want to do is race a 2cv!

Pete Sparrow

I have to say I'm not happy, I have had to cut my holiday short because of Silverstone only to find out that we are now not going. Not just that but 2 weeks before - I think some one is taking the p1ss.
It always seems to me that we get the shitty end of the stick when it comes to BARC decissions, and its not the first time, is our money not as good as anyone elses?
You also have to think about the results of missing our most popular race, do we think it is likely that we'll get 27 cars at Snett in Ocober? I think not. How will this affect us at the end of the year when they look at our average grid number? doesn't look good does it. Will we have a championship next year? None of this is our fault, is there going to be cheap entries to entice people out that late in the year - probably not, its only 2cvs
Someone write to Dale before I get hold of him

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

rod stead

I vote for a move to 8 October because I can make that date!

Hoo-bloody-rah!
A date that doesn't clash with work, pre-planned fan=mily events & work!
Silverstone fell in the middle of a necessary month's wine tasting, so I was never going to do it.

But I've got the 8th October booked for racing - I was going to go to Castle Coombe & play with the FF2000, but as some t*sser nudge me into a tyre wall at Lydden bending the chassis around my svelte frame, it's unlikely to happen.

Don't suppose we could have another 24 hour race, could we?

Trevor Williams

Having spoken with dale, no, there is nothing else that we can fit in with.

Reason for potential cancellation is lack of marshalls and rescue unit. Too many race meetings over a three week period, some of them very high profile

It would also help our cause a hell of a lot more if there were more than 8 entries for the sprint race and 7 entries for the enduro as listed on the BARC website

As to having to race somewhere, we do not have to. A lot of people have enough of Snetterton in the one race we do there a season, the 24 hour. The championship is not over if the race is cancelled. Just the Enduro cup.

Regards

Trevor

Paul Robertson

No to repeat snetterton  for me trev. I'm not sure they can alter the championship like this without everyone who has entered agreeing to the changes.
What a surprise 8 entries, I bet 3 of those are from one family.

Marc Fenner

I can tell you now that 3 of them were from one family cos i was coming to help. Believe tjhat Glenn will be out to for both races just not entered.