Main Menu

Roll cage specifications?

Started by Nathan Pasho, July 23, 2006, 17:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan Pasho

Would anyone happen to have schematics or blueprints of the 2cv roll cage?  I assume there is some regulation for it.

Catherine Noble

Yip, will be details, I would think, inthe technical specifications and also the MSA blue book. Will try and be more specific later ... can't find my blue book at the mo!

C x

Nathan Pasho

Thanks,

From the BARC:

A steel roll cage complying with the MSA Blue Book shall be installed. A rigid roof of sheet metal (minimum l.5mmsteel or 3mm aluminium) shall be fitted to the roll cage. The roof must cover the whole perimeter defined by thefour main tubes at roof level. It may be fitted either by being carefully welded to the main tubes, or by beingbolted to substantial brackets welded to the main roll cage tubes. The roll cage shall be fitted with door bars toboth sides of the car at hip level. Cross bars of the same material / cross section as the roll cage or solidrectangular bar of at least 5mm x 50mm shall be fitted across the car between the front feet and the rear feet ofthe cage.

If anyone has a copy of the info in the Blue Book, or even just a couple good pictures inside the car, that would really be peachy.

Catherine Noble

Still looking ... I'm sure it was in that pile of books, maybe it's in this one ... though it might be under that pile of ironing ...

C x

Nathan Pasho

LOL, thanks.  Don't go to too much trouble. :P You iron ?!?!  It has been at least 10 years since I used an iron on clothing.